Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD card to laptop
SD card to laptop
For whatever reason the dream mapper data is not transferring to my cell phone. I really have never used a blue tooth before. So I'm trying to get the data to may laptop. There's nothing on my laptop that looks like a reader for that little bitty SD card, and I guess I need some kind of cable to connect the 2 devices. 

Any advice would be helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD card to laptop
Laptops won't have an SD card slot to read them.  They DO HAVE USB ports, though, and you can interface between your card and its resident data by using a "card reader".  They cost maybe $20,  You plug the reader's cord into your laptop's USB port, and then insert your card to the correct slot on the reader, of which there will be at least three different kinds of slots.
Post Reply Post Reply
Card reader? Is this something I could get at Staples or Office Max?
Post Reply Post Reply
Some laptop has an SD card reader. I've got one on mine (ASUS), you just reminded me to take the card out! Thanks 

Bag-head   snorybob.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can get card readers at Staples, Office Max, WalMart, Amazon etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
USB SD-card readers can be priced as low as $5. It looks like a USB flash-memory stick except that it has a slot for an SD card and sometimes another for a micro-SD card (popular with Raspberry Pi among others). The cheapie ones often don't pay any attention to the setting of the card's write-lock tab (they don't have a sensor for it) so the card is always unlocked when it's in one of those readers in your computer. A built-in SD-card slot in the computer should pay attention to the write-lock tab. There are many brands of USB dongle including IOGear and Targus, also I assume Sandisk, which started the whole thing. ("Secure Digital" is a silly retconned expansion of "SD" and there's nothing inherently secure about it; encryption is optional and is not used with CPAP machines.)
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2018, 01:19 PM)Spike9726 Wrote: Card reader? Is this something I could get at Staples or Office Max?

Yes you can. Either direct in-store purchase or online.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,309 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 924 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,893 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  How to hook CMS50I oximeter's finger-puylse sensor to laptop USB 2SleepBetta 10 2,901 08-02-2017, 12:29 AM
Last Post: aquanaut20
  Downloading data to SD card of Resmed for nights that SD card not in ResMed machine Robert6 8 9,332 06-19-2015, 09:28 AM
Last Post: estgad
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,255 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.