Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Daytime breathing difficulties
RE: Daytime breathing difficulties
He tried a nasal mask and his sinuses were too congested/narrow to even tolerate the min. pressure. He breathes through his nose when he can and his mouth when he can't. He likes the idea of being able to breath either way and is actually doing well adapting to wearing the full face mask. This was his first night on the Simplus mask and I think he just got it a bit too tight.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Daytime breathing difficulties
I'm glad your husband is doing better. I'm a newbe to this myself, and had breathing troubles during the morning and a bit of the day initially. It is all gone thanks mostly to help on these boards. Every day I can improve matters a little either by myself or through more advice on the boards. I tend to hit perfect spots, where I feel wonderful waking up and full of energy. But they are not the norm. Something tends to go wrong, and I have to figure out what. But I am so much better than before. So do tell your husband to hang in there and be patient and make it work for him. Having been through what must have been an awful time (perhaps years as in my case), it is hard to be finally in reach of a saving buoy. You want to get there and, in my case, I imagined this would finally the end of my troubles. Once you get there, it does lift you up to a better level. The thing to keep in mind is that getting to even better levels is an ongoing matter. He'll overcome the problems, the leaks etc. I'm sure. And he is lucky to have someone supporting him. I was just like him, i.e. fully motivated to make it work, and not getting heard by some doctors. But wanting to get there is key. Best of luck to you both. The plus side is that when you get to a better level, you can invest your newfound energy to get to the next Wink
Before APAP: [Image: DARTH-VADER_zpsa57946df.png]

After APAP: See avatar: R2D2 for the win!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle"
--Ian Maclaren

I don't snore! I just make creepy noises so the aliens know I'm not someone to be messed with.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 46 1,139 26 minutes ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  Daytime sleepiness zzcop302 0 97 03-15-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: zzcop302
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 150 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 172 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 513 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  Nasal Breathing / Septoplasty questions Ptee8899 7 385 02-13-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 222 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.