Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone else has this problem?
RE: Anyone else has this problem?
Thanks diamaunt, I had browsed a little of this thread, but not the last part which discusses the solution to that problem clearly. I'll soak the mask today. I already brushed it, but it seems more may be needed. This is quite a problem.

Paula, indeed, I tried to switch to a nasal mask before. It was better for a while, but then I had the same problem.

I may have a combination of the P10 blocking and rain out. Will keep experimenting.

Yes, retired_guy, I spend more time on my back. I used to have a back-pillow to prevent it, but stopped using that with the APAP as I was told I would no longer need it. I don't know if the machine acts differently when I'm on my back.

Also, Paula, I did wonder about the pressure output. If I can't get it right, I'll ask to get it checked.

I wonder if I just need more min pressure still.
Before APAP: [Image: DARTH-VADER_zpsa57946df.png]

After APAP: See avatar: R2D2 for the win!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle"
--Ian Maclaren

I don't snore! I just make creepy noises so the aliens know I'm not someone to be messed with.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Visitor,

You misread me a bit.

What I said was: " Back sleeping is great, but it can need higher pressures or be unable to do at all."

Unless you do establish higher pressures, I'm thinking your problem could be due to back sleeping. So the options are to avoid it for awhile, or raise the pressure a little. Right now, until you get everything stabilized, I would avoid it for awhile.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2014, 08:32 AM)retired_guy Wrote: Hi Visitor,

You misread me a bit.

What I said was: " Back sleeping is great, but it can need higher pressures or be unable to do at all."

I can't sleep on my back... I suspect too many years of conditioning before starting cpap that I had to be on my side or stomach to be able to breath. Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok retired_guy, so I avoid back sleeping until matters settle and my pressure can be slowly raised high enough to deal with it. Worth a try. Thanks!

--Ian Maclaren

I don't snore! I just make creepy noises so the aliens know I'm not someone to be messed with.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2014, 01:17 PM)Visitor Wrote: Ok retired_guy, so I avoid back sleeping until matters settle and my pressure can be slowly raised high enough to deal with it. Worth a try. Thanks!

Well, that worked well so far Wink AHI of 1.0 and great night sleep.

--Ian Maclaren

Post Reply Post Reply
Good job Visitor, enjoy the nice sleepy times.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,558 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,327 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,463 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 331 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 549 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 390 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.