Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Daytime central apnea?
Daytime central apnea?
Has anyone here had / have daytime central apnoea? I’ve had sleep apnea for years (in retrospect), age 39. I noted I often had low sats. I recorded a short run of data today with my ‘new’ CMS-50F and OSCAR. And basically I oscillate between 88-99% and, in retrospect, I have ‘asymptomatic’ Cheyne-Stokes breathing. Has anyone else had this? Sleep clinic 5 months!!

Note - the image upload button ‘clicks’ but does nothing; so, I can’t upload the image :/

[img]blob:http://www.apneaboard.com/27193b18-fc1d-412b-8b9a-0479af3dcd1d[/img]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Daytime central apnea?
Last try;

Anyway that graph shows a cycle of 1-3 minutes and high/low SpO2 between 90 and 99.

Anyone have problems with mobile Safari? I can’t edit posts, can’t delete posts, cannot select attachments to delete them when trying to update a post; most functions don’t work. anyway I am happy if mods delete this thread (please don’t delete my account). I have a lot to contribute *but* am learning about the limitations of posting etc!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JerKaphant,
As a new member, there are limitations on editing posts.  With that said, browse the Help menu for hints for posting and editing.  Click on Help, top right of page.

Not sure which machine you are using, but Fisher & Paykel machines are partly supported by Oscar.

Fisher & Paykel does not store a "Flow Rate" signal, so no waveform graph, nor analysis is possible, (Events, Pressure, AHI, Snore, Leak Rate, and advanced charts: Resp. Rate, Tidal Volume, Minute Volume, Time at Pressure).

If you've downloaded OSCAR, go ahead and try to post a screenshot of your data here and see what we get.

Use the link below to guide you in Organizing the graph and then use the Attachment Feature to post a screenshot of the daily page as shown in the instructions.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! I will do this soon from my PC; I’m not using my CPAP; I bought it last January as a DIY ventilator in case covid spread (I’m a doctor and could have helped ppl). (it did spread, but NZ got lucky + had good government response!). I tried the CPAP but I keep removing the mask, as I take sudden breaths and feel suffocated due to the restriction of airflow!

Am getting what looks like Cheyne Stokes down to 80% at night, as well as actual OSA type events. But need to record using voice recorder to see if it is ‘snore -> apnea’ or ‘breathing slows and stops’...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,512 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,395 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 608 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 536 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 852 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 264 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.