Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] AHI increased after doctor increases pressure 2nd time
RE: AHI increased after doctor increases pressure 2nd time
LOL. I guess that isn't a US state then Smile
It seems they have universal health care, though, like australia, it may not extend to cpap machines for all.
https://maytermthailand.org/2017/05/13/a...-thailand/
As of 2002, the people of Thailand now receive 100% full-coverage on health care. (Bulletin of WHO, 2017). Some successful factors of Thailand’s universal health care system have been a dedication to political leadership, community engagement, and stiff budget control. Over the years, Thai health care coverage has expanded (Bulletin of WHO, 2017). Today, Thai health care is still growing and evolving.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
On the flex I'd turn it off.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all

I changed my pressure to 10 and the flex was off, my AHI came down to 5. But i woke up around 6 and felt some problem exhaling - is this due to turning off the flex? If so, should I switch it back off or will i gradually adjust?

Regards,
PPk
Post Reply Post Reply
You will get used to exhaling against the pressure with flex off. A lower AHI is better than high AHI’s due to CA’s
Post Reply Post Reply
If you need the flex to sleep go ahead and put it back to one. Like I said before this was a short term fix. If you can't sleep with no flex than it's not doing you any good.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 53 758 26 minutes ago
Last Post: jcp519
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 115 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 113 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 256 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  Worried about insurance requirement to see doctor within 90 days NewlyDiagnosed 9 201 04-10-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 3 934 04-08-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 293 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.