Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Daytime sleepiness despite low AHI, low leak, 7+ hours of daily use
RE: Daytime sleepiness despite low AHI, low leak, 7+ hours of daily use
An update after 3 days of the fixed bilevel: I started with 12/9 and it was pretty uncomfortable (I remember awakening a lot). Here's the chart for one of those nights:

[Image: hd2WBlVh.png]

I then dropped it to 11/8 for last night - my comfort level was higher (don't remember awakening too much) and very interestingly, the AHI was actually lower. Here's the chart:

[Image: vgCSw0oh.png]

Any explanation for why the AHI would drop with a drop in pressure? It seems that most of the reduction was in the number of CA's. Of course, it was just one night so it may be transient.

I'm thinking that I will drop it to 10/7 (perhaps after a couple of nights) and then raise it to 10.5/7.5 if needed. My theory is that I want the lowest pressures that result in a reasonable AHI - is that an appropriate way of looking at it? I am thinking that an AHI of less than 2 is a good target.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is not suggestion of flow limitation or snores in either chart, so I suspect a lower pressure will not result in more events. As much as anything else, I think you're adapting to the therapy, and doing a good job of making it comfortable and your own. At this point you don't need any of our permission to try anything you think might advance that progress. As you note, it's not about the numbers, but good rest.

tom
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well-done
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 74 1 hour ago
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 2 53 8 hours ago
Last Post: emile.leplattenier
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 2 58 Yesterday, 12:27 PM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 85 Yesterday, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Daytime sleepiness zzcop302 0 73 03-15-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: zzcop302
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 241 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 210 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.