Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Daytime sleepiness despite low AHI, low leak, 7+ hours of daily use
An update after 3 days of the fixed bilevel: I started with 12/9 and it was pretty uncomfortable (I remember awakening a lot). Here's the chart for one of those nights:

[Image: hd2WBlVh.png]

I then dropped it to 11/8 for last night - my comfort level was higher (don't remember awakening too much) and very interestingly, the AHI was actually lower. Here's the chart:

[Image: vgCSw0oh.png]

Any explanation for why the AHI would drop with a drop in pressure? It seems that most of the reduction was in the number of CA's. Of course, it was just one night so it may be transient.

I'm thinking that I will drop it to 10/7 (perhaps after a couple of nights) and then raise it to 10.5/7.5 if needed. My theory is that I want the lowest pressures that result in a reasonable AHI - is that an appropriate way of looking at it? I am thinking that an AHI of less than 2 is a good target.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is not suggestion of flow limitation or snores in either chart, so I suspect a lower pressure will not result in more events. As much as anything else, I think you're adapting to the therapy, and doing a good job of making it comfortable and your own. At this point you don't need any of our permission to try anything you think might advance that progress. As you note, it's not about the numbers, but good rest.

tom
Post Reply Post Reply
Well-done
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where's the leak??? Jeffo1 3 143 08-21-2017, 06:22 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Equipment] Humidifier leak dianewoodard53 2 98 08-20-2017, 07:08 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Trying to gt ahi and leak rate under control sirto 14 494 08-20-2017, 08:28 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Waking up after 2 hours of CPAP radioboy104 4 172 08-19-2017, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  When a Leak Isn't PaytonA 11 2,873 08-19-2017, 12:42 AM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Leak Rate Threshold pcplus2 3 120 08-18-2017, 03:35 PM
Last Post: silversnore
  Help with leak rate nosleeptilbklyn 7 218 08-14-2017, 04:49 AM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta