Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask or Mouth Leak?
Grin 
RE: Mask or Mouth Leak?
Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2021, 05:27 AM)Phil7 Wrote:  I actually had a sleep clinic tech tell me that I should absolutely never mouth tape because of the bad risk that you could asphyxiate at night if you vomit in your sleep (I kid you not).  I could actually visualize the moronic corporate training, for insurance coverage purposes,  behind that.   Personally, I'm over 50 and once probably came close to dying, or a hospital stay, in college when I chugged 20 shots of tequila in 5 seconds.   Yet, I've never once thrown up in my sleep.  I've actually never heard of anyone vomiting while asleep

Never say never ... although having it happen is probably very very rare. But I have a young friend it happened to. It filled his lungs and deprived him of sufficient oxygen until he was found in the morning. He incurred severe brain trauma due to the lack of oxygen to the brain, was in a coma for weeks and not expected to live. He pulled through the coma and even after month's of therapy is still severely handicapped now both mentally and physically.
Post Reply Post Reply
" I've actually never heard of anyone vomiting while asleep.."

Jimi Hendrix. And he died from it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 2 108 Yesterday, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Hurdsy
  Dry mouth and throat. VegasGMC 3 110 04-15-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 337 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Leak Spikes and A Break in Flow blu15 9 1,259 04-06-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: avhenry
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 11 811 04-02-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 10 410 03-29-2024, 12:29 PM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 7 634 03-29-2024, 12:18 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.