Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DeVilbiss IntelliPAP 2 Pulse Dose and Data Questions
DeVilbiss IntelliPAP 2 Pulse Dose and Data Questions
Hello,

Hoping to connect with users of the DeVilbiss IntelliPAP 2 APAP machine.

Specific questions are about the Pulse Dose system and Data Tracking.

Pulse Dose: 
Has it helped with rain-out?  Did you have heated tube before?  Impressions or opinions on what is better?
With a colder climate would you feel the "room" air different than the "humidified" air?  Would it wake you?
Ideas or impressions on reliability?

Data Tracking:
Since it is not compatible with SleepyHead software, do you get enough info with the included app/software?
If you previously used SleepyHead, how much detail is missing?

General Use:
For someone coming from another device, is the algorithm noticeably different for breathing?

Thanks in advance from this Newbie who is about to take the plunge - trying to figure out which machine...
AirSense 10 Auto, DreamStation, or DeVilbiss IntelliPAP 2.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DeVilbiss IntelliPAP 2 Pulse Dose and Data Questions
Hey Snoopy.Pa30
I don't know yet, but this Thursday I should have my machine. I have requested the Intellipap2 due the compact form factor. Hopefully I will be able to answer some of these questions for you, if its still relevant when I get the answers that is. Smile

Analog
Post Reply Post Reply
There are some reviews under the Product evaluation section.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Analog,

I look forward to your comments on the unit.
Unfortunately it looks like SleepyHead does not support the data.

Beej, The reviews (that I found) were on the earlier model, not the IntelliPAP 2. The reviews were still helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bump.

IntelliPAP 2 users...

Any experience you can share?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Snoopy,
So, after 5 days on the Intellipap2 Auto, I have some observations. I feel great, average AHI 2.5 nightly after getting my mask dialed in better. The pulse dose works as advertised. I have a sensitive nose and it is not drying out at all, and no condensation in the hose with a room temp of 65deg F or so without a heated hose. I have run the humidity from a setting of 3 to 5(max) just fine. The unit is quiet enough to not bother me, and it doesn't take up a lot of room on my night stand. as far as performance goes, my titration study showed a set pressure of 15 cm H2O. My sleep doc was going to prescribe a set cpap, until I politely redirected him to prescribe an auto machine. Last night I slept the best, and my 90th percentile was 13.5cm and my 95th percentile was 14cm. My O2 is running much better now as well. I feel great(well almost great, I have a cold). I have not used any other machine, so cannot compare. I can say so far so good, and I am satisfied with the machine. I will have more info to share as soon as Smartlink desktop 3.0 gets here in the mail. 

Analog.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Analog,

Looking forward to seeing your Smartlink results.

Snoopy
Post Reply Post Reply
This is my first post of an image. this is a screen shot of Smartlink. you can see the data and if you lii at the bottom, the events that are recorded are listed to show or not. any thing from the flow chart and below can be zoomed in to 30 sec.

http://imgur.com/OhcZMhF
Post Reply Post Reply
I have ordered and received my IntelliPAP 2 with Heated Humidifier about 3 days ago. Tried out and found it is really good. I bought this primarily for backup/portability. t is made with all the features compare to my DreamStation(DS). It has Flex and Ram which work pretty good by inc/dec flow base on your inhale/exhale. Easy setup and very quiet. It also has auto start/stop functions like my DS. Additional features are the ability to use it as a desktop clock/alarm.

However I wouldn't suggest using it as a regular machine. It is gear more towards portability. Thus it is not that easy to fill water in the humidifer compare to the DS as it has a cover to be removed first. But again this is for portability to prevent leakage. Another thing is that it doesn't have heated tube build in like my DS but you can get it separately. I have used it without heated tube and felt OK with no condensation in tubing in about 22C room temperature. Mind you it has a heated humidifier so adjustable warm misty air still going into your nose.

I suggest you to go to here since you are in Canada. I had done my homework before ordering from [commercial link removed-- instead, do a Google search for "Malton Medical"]  They specialize in DeVelBiss. Best price with NO TAX/SHIPPING/CUSTOM. The price you see is the price you pay and it is by far the cheapest. Email Matt and he will answer your questions ASAP. Great guy. Hope it helps.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Analog,

Glad you are feeling better (and hope you are rid of the cold by now).

Did you find any difficulty using the Pillows while having the cold?

Thanks for posting the results.  

Software looks reasonable from your post.  I know very little, as a new user and getting used to the SleepyHead software.

Thanks again for your impressions and posting.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 143 9 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,207 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 265 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,759 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 200 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 669 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.