Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DeVilbiss IntelliPAP AutoAdjust
RE: DeVilbiss IntelliPAP AutoAdjust
Too much humidity can cause dryness. Sounds odd but true. Dry mouth, dry or stuffy nose.

The numbers are not related. I am sure the 3-4.5 on the malibu are not the same as the 6 on the S9.

Make sure you have the right power cord. You need the one for the 90W to run the humidifier. We've had a few people given the wrong one.

Is is possible you are opening your mouth in your sleep?

Have you looked at the data?

I'd hate for you to spend money on another machine when you can make this one work.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi lpast8 and WELCOME! to the forum.
What Paula said. You might be giving up too quickly on your new resmed machine. Humidity is a trial and error thing. maybe you could turn it down a notch and see if that helps or if that doesn't help, turn it up a notch past 3-4.5.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2012, 04:48 AM)lpast8 Wrote: My last machine was the resmed malibu auto vpap, the absolute best ive had it broke after 6 yrs and resmed said it wasnt work fixing. I replaced it with the resmed S9 auto vpap and its a terrible machine, the humidification does not work. My malibu was set on 3-4.5 humdiity I have the s9 on 6 and it woke me up 3 times last night with painful throat dryness. The humidifier is working it just does not do what it supposed to do...its a poorly designed machine. I have had it a week.

Hi lpast8, welcome to Apnea Board!

If you are sure your mouth is not opening (which would dry out the throat really quickly, I think):

Maybe the humidifier or temperature sensor is malfunctioning. Perhaps it would help to exchange the humidifier for a new one.

By the way, if using the Climateline heated hose with Climate Control set to Auto, setting the hose temperature to max should result in the most humidity: 80% humidity at 86 degrees F. If the Climate Control is set to Auto the manual settings (such as humidity set to "6") are ignored and the humidity is controlled by the temperature setting.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2012, 04:48 AM)lpast8 Wrote: Im a long time cpap user, diagnosed in 1979 and been on cpap since resperonics made the first machine in 1985.

I never considered a devilbliss machine I always considered them low end low tech machines...but I read the posters statement its the best he ever had..so I went and looked it up...has good specs and decent reviews..
I may try this machine.

lpast8

I started with the 1985 Resperonics Sleep Easy also. We were lucky it came out. Do you remember the squeaks, squeals, broken and loose belts that came off, self parts replacements, original and sanders circuits,separate mask for each pressure, hand written serial number, separate humidifier, etc. etc. I still have mine in the basement and it will still blow up air mattresses etc. without fail. I think it is dated March 8, 1985 but I did not check it again. Despite all this it worked and we are still here and kicking so I guess it says something about good long term prospects for new users if they stay on cpap. I only remember missing one night.

I have an Intellipap auto with software stored for a rainy day. I will have to get it out and try it one of these days. It has good specs.

GeneS

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2012, 04:48 AM)lpast8 Wrote: I replaced it with the resmed S9 auto vpap and its a terrible machine, the humidification does not work. My malibu was set on 3-4.5 humdiity I have the s9 on 6 and it woke me up 3 times last night with painful throat dryness.
The humidifier is working it just does not do what it supposed to do...its a poorly designed machine. I have had it a week.

Hi Lpast8, Welcome

If you're running the humidity at 6 and you aren't getting enough moisture then you need to take it back to your DME and have them replace the humidifier.

The H5i humidifier when running on 6 should be making your face wet at that level. I have the same exact model and I run mine on 5.5 and I usually wake-up with a little moisture on my face every morning and the water tank is either empty or almost empty depending on the relative humidity in my bedroom.

You didn't list one in your profile panel but, are you're using the ClimateLine MAX heated hose?

Let us know if need any help, there's a lot of us here with ResMed S9's.

Ren

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi lpast8, please make sure you are using the ResMed S9 & H5i, in conjunction with a ClimateLine hose, for better humidity levels.

;-> gjw
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2012, 04:48 AM)lpast8 Wrote: . I replaced it with the resmed S9 auto vpap and its a terrible machine, the humidification does not work. My malibu was set on 3-4.5 humdiity I have the s9 on 6 and it woke me up 3 times last night with painful throat dryness. The humidifier is working it just does not do what it supposed to do...its a poorly designed machine. I have had it a week.

Lpast8
I do not know if you have solved your problem yet but if not. I would checik the water usage in your humidifier. If you are using the same mask and as much water on a daily basis as you did with your machine that worked for you your humidifier must not be the problem and as been said you may be mouth breathing or something. If you are not using as much water you may have it set up wrong or the machine is malfunctioning. This is assuming that you are using the same mask as you used before because each mask will have it's own flow rate so if you now have a higher flow rate you will need to use more water to maintain the same humidity in the air you breath..

By checking the water usage you should be able to eliminate some of the possible causes of the lack of humidity.
GeneS
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-03-2012, 10:04 PM)archangle Wrote: The IntelliPAP requires an extra cost module (around $100) to record event data. You'll probably have to pay out of pocket for this module.

Not really. It will record the data and spit out a code - you can take that code and put it into a DeVilbiss website to decode and report event data.

It may not be as comprehensive, nor will it interface with certain software packages without an additional module, but it is still capturing and reporting - without the hassle of cards. If your Dr. or DME needs it for dx or reimbursement purposes, you can just give them the code. It's really a pretty cool little feature.

OMyMyOHellYes
Post Reply Post Reply
I have this machine. The ramp feature stays at 4. I am usually around6-8. Does this seem strange?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2014, 08:56 PM)Curvesarein Wrote: I have this machine. The ramp feature stays at 4. I am usually around6-8. Does this seem strange?
Hi Curvesarein, welcome aboard
If your pressure settings 6-8 (as in user profile) and assume Ramp set for 30 minutes
Ramp start at 4 and gradually increase to 6 in 30 minutes after that, the machine adjust pressure between minimum and maximum settings (6-8)

You can ask for the clinical manual via email, scroll down to section three (DeVilbiss Manuals)
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Check post #1 for overview and smart codes link
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] DeVilbiss Smartlink Module DV5M fault innovativekiwi 0 634 01-10-2023, 01:43 AM
Last Post: innovativekiwi
  IntelliPAP 2 & IntelliPAP Blue (DV63 & DV64) Service Manual now available SuperSleeper 0 477 11-21-2022, 04:32 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR + Devilbiss DV64 questions Cuppa 6 664 11-19-2022, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Cuppa
  DeVilbiss IntelliPAP Auto Adjust Error message E06 MSGabbani 2 1,113 08-13-2022, 12:32 PM
Last Post: MSGabbani
  [CPAP] Help with Devilbiss DV6 CPAP data and settings Catalynux 45 5,754 06-30-2022, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
  Devilbiss Intellipap disassembly REMember 5 1,131 03-31-2022, 07:27 AM
Last Post: REMember
  Devilbiss 12 volt power cable Cuppa 1 899 09-24-2021, 12:29 AM
Last Post: Cuppa

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.