Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DeVilbiss IntelliPap DV55 ?
DeVilbiss IntelliPap DV55 ?
I can't seem to find this model anywhere - the DV55 is on the bottom metal plate with barcode.
I will take some pictures of it tonight from all angles, it may be a bipap? as it came with multiple hoses that linked to the main hose that look like hospital oxygen lines.
i t came with out a power cord but my old 2008 remstar cord works with it, no manual bag or box.
It was bought by a co worker of mine and I am trying to set it up for me as a back up unit of my new unit goes down. It looks brand new since sadly the unit was placed on ebay by a widow after her husband died.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DeVilbiss IntelliPap DV55 ?
If you Google "DeVilbiss IntelliPap DV55" You can find both the Devilbiss web pages and a couple of pdf manuals. It is indeed a BiLevel unit, with HH in the model it has the humidifier, and with S it has the SmartLink module (and card?)

SleepyHead does read data from some versions of DevilBiss machines that have the SmartLink, and I'm not sure how it gets connected, or what kind of card it uses.
Post Reply Post Reply
I really like the DeVillbiss Intellipap series. They are tough as tanks and they have some pretty neat tricks up their sleeves (like you can hook a battery up to the 12V DC hole, leave the unit plugged into AC mains - if AC drops, it automatically switches to the battery - when power comes back on it will revert to AC mains - I had to do a little bit of extra work and invest a bit of cash for that to happen with my primary Respironics machine). And, it has a smart code feature where it will display a code you can drop in a web site that gives you limited data if the machine does not have the optional card reader/writer attached. If not and you still want fuller data reporting, it can be added.

I don't think the bundle of hoses has anything to do with the machine being a bi level machine. It was probably add on by the prior user for hooking in O2 in from a bottle or concentrator. I would ditch the hose and switch over to a standard line. Well, that is one of the things I would replace on a used machine anyhow.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
My previous machine is a DV53D. What are your questions?
Post Reply Post Reply
sorry I took it apart it is a DV54D the DV5HH was on the humidifier in the bottom.

I adjusted the settings via a youtube video and set to try it tonight. Will update sleep tomorrow may have more ?'s

(04-28-2017, 04:43 PM)pholynyk Wrote: If you Google "DeVilbiss IntelliPap DV55" You can find both the Devilbiss web pages and a couple of pdf manuals. It is indeed a BiLevel unit, with HH in the model it has the humidifier, and with S it has the SmartLink module (and card?)

SleepyHead does read data from some versions of DevilBiss machines that have the SmartLink, and I'm not sure how it gets connected, or what kind of card it uses.

unfortunately no smartlink included
Post Reply Post Reply
So I spent an hour cleaning the hose and chamber up, searched and found a youtube video to adjusted the pressure settings ramp time etc.

Not sure I needed to it was set to 14 mine is 17.
But simply WOW, the difference between a BI-PAP and CPAP is unreal, I actually for the first time felt totally free in breathing with my mask, no back pressure or anything at all on the exhale.
Slept like a baby.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-30-2017, 09:56 PM)jasonarmstrong Wrote: sorry I took it apart it is a DV54D the DV5HH was on the humidifier in the bottom.

<<<break>>>

But simply WOW, the difference between a BI-PAP and CPAP is unreal, I actually for the first time felt totally free in breathing with my mask, no back pressure or anything at all on the exhale.

Slept like a baby.

Sorry, Dude, but you don't have a Bi-PAP there.  

The DV54D is the FLOW GENERATOR, the DV55HH is the HEATED HUMIDIFIER.

The DV54D is an APAP.  Not a Bi-PAP.  You may not have had pressure relief on your old machine, or maybe it was not enabled by your DME.  The Intellipap has the feature called SmartFlex which drops pressure on exhale 1-3 cm H20.  It is kinda like Bi-PAP"ish" Lite.  But it is not real Bi-PAP.  Lotta folks like it.

I have a DV54D as my nap-in-the-recliner-or-if-I-can't get-comfortable-in-bed-so-I-move-to-the-recliner machine and I am well pleased with it.  Got it for around $100 with fewer than 20 hours on it, IIRC.

Those are really under-rated machines.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
My disappointment with the Devilbiss DV53 had to do with it's recording capability.

I did like the SmartCode feature. It generates several alpha-numeric strings that can be entered into their website to create a PDF of your compliance. Pretty handy, but it was not very detailed. To get detailed records, you need an SD card and that means to need to purchase an add-on module for it.

The second thing I found was a limitation in how it records hours. I needed to generate a report that shows hour/day over a 1 year period. The SmartCode generates reports for 1 day, 7-day, 30-day, and 90-day periods. It does not do 1 year reports. But it will display an hours used and days used number and from that you can calculate hrs/day over a long period. BUT - the days counter stops at 1023, whoever wrote their firmware didn't think to allow a higher number. 1023 days = 2.8 years. If your DV53/DV54 is more than 2.8 years old and you need that days counter for anything, you are out of luck. I confirmed this on a buddy's DV54 and his showed the same behavior as my DV53.

My DV53 worked great for what I needed and the way I needed it. Then my reporting requirements changed and the DV53/54 was not able the meet those new requirements.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2017, 09:10 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote:
(04-30-2017, 09:56 PM)jasonarmstrong Wrote: sorry I took it apart it is a DV54D the DV5HH was on the humidifier in the bottom.

<<<break>>>

Slept like a baby.

Sorry, Dude, but you don't have a Bi-PAP there.  

The DV54D is the FLOW GENERATOR, the DV55HH is the HEATED HUMIDIFIER.

The DV54D is an APAP.  Not a Bi-PAP.  You may not have had pressure relief on your old machine, or maybe it was not enabled by your DME.  The Intellipap has the feature called SmartFlex which drops pressure on exhale 1-3 cm H20.  It is kinda like Bi-PAP"ish" Lite.  But it is not real Bi-PAP.  Lotta folks like it.

I have a DV54D as my nap-in-the-recliner-or-if-I-can't get-comfortable-in-bed-so-I-move-to-the-recliner machine and I am well pleased with it.  Got it for around $100 with fewer than 20 hours on it, IIRC.

Those are really under-rated machines.

OMMOHY

thanks for the reply - that explains the differences on the exhale pressure with the SmartFlex 
with my resMed S9 elite I really think contributes to mask leaks and back pressure, with the dV54D no leak and no back pressure and it feels like a hose is injecting air into your lungs ...too bad i can't wear this while training LOL to recoup during sets.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am not sure whats' wrong, but the last 2 nights have been hell, I have woken up 10 times or more to find either the mask off the hose or the mask off my face or hose and mask attached on the floor.  Huh
can't remember what happened or why it is as I am on ambien now and it effects my short term memory.
Will switch back to the resmed s9 elite tonight and see if it helps???
Called Medical supply center AGAIN and still no word when my machine will be in said it's on order.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] DeVilbiss Smartlink Module DV5M fault innovativekiwi 0 582 01-10-2023, 01:43 AM
Last Post: innovativekiwi
  IntelliPAP 2 & IntelliPAP Blue (DV63 & DV64) Service Manual now available SuperSleeper 0 454 11-21-2022, 04:32 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR + Devilbiss DV64 questions Cuppa 6 628 11-19-2022, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Cuppa
  DeVilbiss IntelliPAP Auto Adjust Error message E06 MSGabbani 2 1,059 08-13-2022, 12:32 PM
Last Post: MSGabbani
  [CPAP] Help with Devilbiss DV6 CPAP data and settings Catalynux 45 5,600 06-30-2022, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
  Devilbiss Intellipap disassembly REMember 5 1,062 03-31-2022, 07:27 AM
Last Post: REMember
  Devilbiss 12 volt power cable Cuppa 1 871 09-24-2021, 12:29 AM
Last Post: Cuppa

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.