Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dealing with Supplier # 1 and their insane return policy
RE: Dealing with Supplier # 1 and their insane return policy
From Supplier #1's web site:

"The manufacturer tested a fully charged battery at a pressure of 14 and estimates the battery can run 14 to 16 hours. Factors such as pressure setting, altitude, temperature and breathing habits will affect the actual run time of the battery."

Note the careful language. The use of "estimates" rather than "claims". And "Factors such as ... ".

In other words the accuracy of the estimate could be effected by any of these factors as well as other factors not mentioned.

Perhaps it would be better for the manufacturer to call it the "At Least One Night Battery" as opposed to the "Multi-Night Battery", but that's not the way advertisement works. They're trying to sell the product, not accurately describe it. As my doctor once told me, advertisement is simply regulated lying.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dealing with [url=http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-CPAP-Supplier-List?pid=31#pid31]Supplier #1[/url] and their insane return policy
(05-10-2014, 09:24 AM)Sleepster Wrote: As my doctor once told me, advertisement is simply regulated lying.

And that's why you should always try something out before committing to it.

I've used Supplier #1 for several years and never had any problems with their policies. When I got my S9, a couple of years ago, I had first tried two of the latest Respironics machines and had send them back due to noise issues; and, the DME picked up the shipping charges both ways. I then tried the S9, with the understanding that I could return it also, if necessary.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dealing with [url=http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-CPAP-Supplier-List?pid=31#pid31]Supplier #1[/url] and their insane return policy
I should add that my insurance pays for nothing so I'm on my own. I don't have a DME to pay my shipping for me.
I do believe the manufacturer should at least call it "Extended Battery". Multi-Night it isn't.
I was going to test it but in the end, I'll be the one who "gets" it. When they threw in altitude, I knew I was done for. I'll never win.
This was my first dealing with Supplier #1 and as someone who has to pay for everything I use, it was my last. I can't imagine any other business that would get away with being run like this. A stereo receiver or art print? I can send those back. Something that affects my very breath? That has no real guarantee. Something is backwards here.

I run a small business. We have lots of customer service issues. I always boil it down to an agreement. The purchaser has agreed to pay and provide correct shipping information. The supplier has agreed to sell and deliver what he advertised. Whoever deviates is responsible for making it right. I ordered a MultiNight battery, used it within their parameters and it still doesn't work. I don't think it's my responsibility. As the buyer, I am at fault for not noting their slippery description and more slippery return policy. That is why I am telling you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you try recharging the battery and using it again? Sometimes they need to be cycled a few times before they reach full capacity. Then it's all downhill from there.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2014, 01:35 PM)sjssf Wrote: The most irritating thing is I called to order the Z1

As more people get the Z1, the more negative reviews are starting to surface. I ended up sending 2 of them back for warranty/performance issues.

Battery life - I don't have first hand experience but the reviews I've read on various vendors sites concerning this may make you want to rethink going with the Z1.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2014, 12:25 PM)sjssf Wrote: I should add that my insurance pays for nothing so I'm on my own.

I'm not aware of any insurance that covers purchases from online DME's. If they did, we'd see prices go down and service levels go up.

These rechargeable batteries are not returnable in most cases that I encounter, but they are guaranteed to perform as advertised.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2014, 12:25 PM)sjssf Wrote: I do believe the manufacturer should at least call it "Extended Battery". Multi-Night it isn't.

This was my first dealing with Supplier #1 and as someone who has to pay for everything I use, it was my last. I can't imagine any other business that would get away with being run like this.
Can't you just buy a spare battery so you have two fully charged and ready to go? I know this puts more financial burden on you.

I think the on-line supplier should have moderated reviews so that customers can read something other than marketing puffery. Ditto for trained sales staff who can tell the real story. Setting customer expectations is important.

I assume on-line margins are thin. I don't agree that the existing service and policies are poor or wrong. It's just that I like cheaper on-line prices much more than cadillac gold standard returns.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm good. I'm resigned to my one night multi-night battery and finding a different vendor. The machine itself is ok. Life goes on.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2014, 05:48 PM)sjssf Wrote: I'm good. I'm resigned to my one night multi-night battery and finding a different vendor. The machine itself is ok. Life goes on.

I think you have a point about the battery not working as advertised. You should try cutting out the vendor and talk to the manufacturer directly. Many have direct warranty claims and will accommodate you more than the retailer will.
Post Reply Post Reply
As an electronics reseller that sells computer batteries I can tell you this situation goes on all the time. Someone buys a battery based on the "manufacturers spec" then complains the battery is defective when it doesn't perform as "long as the manufacturer said it would". I can tell you we can't take back batteries either based on these situations simply due to the costs and the fact that we can do almost nothing with a used battery to recover our costs. In cases such as these we recommend they go directly to the manufacturer, as we did not make the longevity claims they did, and they are far better suited to handle these type of complaints and decide whether or not a battery is in fact defective. We have also found that the manufacturers are far more willing to swallow the costs of the batteries for the end user then they ever would for us as the reseller. I have even personally conferenced the calls to insure our customers were taken care of by the manufacturer. Many times they will just even send a second free battery just to keep the end user happy and all on their dime not ours. I strongly suggest you get to the manufacturer and lodge your complaints with them, they are far more likely to actually eb able to help you and to help you. they also in most cases will pay all the shipping for you, and send a call tag.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry Former CPAP supplier over charging Bwanajohn51 2 170 03-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,796 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 547 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,570 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles
  Medicare cpap 5 year replacement policy Sonno 4 580 09-11-2023, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Sonno
  Any advice for dealing with my flow limits? rafaelgoesmann 9 1,366 04-30-2023, 06:58 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Can central sleep apnea go away for a period of time and then return? joseph421 9 969 03-29-2023, 09:33 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.