Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Debugging 3-4 AM Awakening
RE: Debugging 3-4 AM Awakening
Although I see a small spike on the leak graph at that time, which could be mask movement, and if you're a light sleeper, this could possibly wake you.

Now, going back to read your first post.... you said:   "In full disclosure, I have had issues waking up at this time for 6-7 years now, been on therapy for just over two."

So this is a pattern you experienced before Cpap use, so it's likely not related to your therapy.

Maybe someone else can see something on your graphs that would be revealing, but I don't see anything of significance.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Would the undocumented spikes warrant a pressure adjustment? Maybe turning just EPR (2 rn) off or keeping it and increasing pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see either of those moves helping with one spike on the the leak graph.  As stated, that one spike was probably mask movement, maybe turning over and waking you.  

In some of your earlier charts, you were using a slightly higher pressure with not much difference overall in AHI or waking you each night.  If you want to experiment with a higher pressure, go slowly but keep your EPR at 3 as that keeps the FL lower.  If you keep EPR at 2, just monitor if you start seeing an increase in FL. Also, monitor for comfort.

I will say this though... using higher pressures than what is needed may cause more mask leaks and arousals.  

I would also concentrate on "Sleep Hygiene".  Look through this article and see if there is anything you can improve on.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Sleep_hygiene
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have an autoset. Why not put in a range vs a single pressure?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
The range adjustments wake me even more
Post Reply Post Reply
I turned the pressure up the past two days with everything else equated and no longer wake up as early. I've had wake times of 5:15 AM and today of 4:50 AM which is great. I suspect the pressure I was at was not fully treated the unflagged events occurring during this lighter sleep phase.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, that's great! There's nothing worse than fragmented sleep. Sad

Let us know what pressure you are using and if you're using EPR 2 or 3.

Post a chart after a night or two at your new pressure settings. This way we can see your progress.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Symptoms] Aircurve 10 ASV - spO2 Desat during REM, leading to awakening? d95p 5 764 08-10-2022, 06:55 PM
Last Post: d95p
  more on my early morning awakening eekamouse 0 565 09-10-2021, 03:18 PM
Last Post: eekamouse
  How to "mark" Oscar for events like awakening? plakky 7 1,075 05-10-2021, 04:39 PM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta
  Help with awakening problem and data interpretation Dannyj1981 27 2,355 03-04-2021, 04:00 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  awakening and mouth breathing rgrxdp 3 2,961 10-16-2013, 04:57 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.