Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask issue
Mask issue
I was diagnosed with severe OSA in December. I got a prisma smart cpap with dreamwear full face mask. ( I hope I've got that right).

For the last month or more I've been having an issue which is constantly waking me up during the night. Its like the mask is too full of air and I can't breath with it. I usually turn off the machine and turn it back on. If I'm lucky it'll only take me 15/20mins to drop off to sleep. It could be longer. This can happen up to 10 times a night. Sometimes which i believe is common, I'm taking the mask off me in my sleep.

I have spoken to the company I got the cpap machine from and they are saying the machine is detecting an apnea episode and is increasing the air output to stop the episode. According to them my body will have to get used to it.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a way around it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask issue
I strongly suggest you download OSCAR and post your readings on the forum for more accurate suggestions regarding your experience with your current CPAP setup. If you look at http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/User-Sleeprider (signature section) you can find instructions on downloading Oscar, setting up the charts, and posting them to the forum.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 37 7 hours ago
Last Post: cps22
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 102 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,375 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 104 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 663 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 1 186 03-02-2024, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.