Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Decent AHI and still exhausted
Decent AHI and still exhausted
Hi all,

I haven't posted in a while because things were going decently. But I've noticed the last couple of months that, although my AHI is regularly under 5 (generally between 3-4), I've been waking up feeling quite un-rested after 7-8 hours of sleep. I don't doubt that this is due in part to the COVID-19 lockdown, general stress levels, and lack of regular exercise due to the closing of gyms / sports facilities, but frankly I'm starting to wonder if my machine and/or mask are acting up. I'm pretty sick of feeling tired during the day - and honestly this takes me back to the days before I started getting treatment for my apnea!

I've posted screenshots of the last 3 days from OSCAR - does anyone mind taking a look and seeing if they have a sense of potential issues? Please let me know if you need any more info, and thanks in advance for the help - my brain and overall productivity are really appreciative of the help!

Best,
Peter

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Decent AHI and still exhausted
I would try EPR = 1 and see if that helps.
Do note how it feels to you. It should reduce your CA events some
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gideon,

Thanks for the quick response! Sure, I'll try switching EPR from 2 (currently) to 1 and see if that makes a difference tonight. Will post the results tomorrow!

Best,
Peter
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again,

Looping back on this with my results! Even though my AHI was higher last night (a few heavier leaks, it seems), I am feeling more rested. OSCAR results attached here. I'll give it a few more nights but hopefully this sticks - thanks for the tip!

Cheers,
Peter

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
You are feeling more rested, that is very good. IMHO your CA still is too high.

Try this, EPR=1 for a few days

then try EPR = OFF
Again critically evaluate which feels best.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad CPAP User Since May 2020 - Still EXHAUSTED. krussell87 4 215 02-16-2021, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help Please-CPAP But Still Exhausted.. BigDreamer 5 295 12-18-2020, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Diagnosis] Hypothetically- could you do your own sleep study at home with a decent CPAP? treehugger 6 500 06-08-2020, 11:55 PM
Last Post: tiredofbeingtired
  New member, I am exhausted all of the time jhiggins 1 429 03-09-2020, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Gideon
Sad Brand new user - AHI is good but I'm EXHAUSTED! my6boyzmom 12 934 01-11-2020, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Need new doctor and decent dme, help please Elgeeone 4 653 08-06-2019, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Elgeeone
Ohmy Getting migraines and feeling exhausted Amdx64 15 1,375 11-10-2018, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Beej

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.