Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Decent AHIs and feeling tired after 1.5 months of CPAP Therapy
Decent AHIs and feeling tired after 1.5 months of CPAP Therapy
I have been on CPAP therapy for around 1.5 months now and it has improved my wellbeing (less headaches and less brain fog), however i still wake up extremely tired despite having it on for 8 hours a night.

AHI on Oscar is around a 4 at highest, however, the alarming thing I feel is that the majority of the make up of my AHI is due to central sleep apneas...and rarely hyponeas and obstructive apneas.

My sleep doctor told me anything below a 5 isnt a worry at all despite nights where my centrals make up the majority of the AHI. My results attached.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Decent AHIs and feeling tired after 1.5 months of CPAP Therapy
I think you are in a mid area which is hard to help one (centrals) and hurt another (flow limits).    Both are higher than we would like to  see.  To lessen the centrals you would decrease the EPR to 1 BUT that may increase flow limits.  That is what I would suggest and give it a night and see if it helped or hurt.

EPR is exhale pressure relief - in other words your exhale pressure is 7-3 or 4.  Now your exhale pressure woulde be 7-1 or 6.  Let's see how you do with those numbers.

Min 7
Max 11
EPR 1

BTW when you post again take off the calendar by clicking the triangle on the date line.  We are missing some of the information located at the bottom of that column.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
just curious...how would decreasing the EPR from 3 to 1 help?
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR helps with flow limits. Centrals are increased by a wider difference between the exhale and the pressure you need to control your apnea. The best setting to help eliminate centrals as much as possible is to go straight Cpap (min and max is the same number with 0 EPR. That is difficult  for many at the therapeutic pressure. 

Your centrals have a good chance to decrease as you get use to the pap therapy. Now we are trying to get to the best level we can while your body adjusts to pap therapy.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still tired and CA events liebano 0 13 47 minutes ago
Last Post: liebano
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 61 4 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 195 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,073 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 169 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 172 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.