Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI suddenly increased
RE: AHI suddenly increased
Pull up OSCAR, look at your Daily chart for night X and on a Windows PC push F12. It'll save to your OSCAR File or other designated location.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok , here it is...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
OK you got it on there. I suppose same pressure setup between the PAPs.

If EPR is being used, I'd consider dropping to 1. I didn't see historically if we've discussed what type your CA are, treatment emergent, pre-existing, or idiopathic. Due to the Central consistently inconsistent attribute, we're going to have to try to avoid them by minimizing pressure swings, that's mainly EPR and Ramp, sometimes a too wide pressure set can do it somewhat.

OK took a look at your first thread from 1/24/21, you've been dealing with CA since the beginning. I think it's time to chat with your doc and ask for a new titration with ASV included. You'll need to discuss how they hinder well rested sleep, cause headaches, and so on. Read the doc your list of unresolved symptoms which include untreated CA. We'll go with you having idiopathic Centrals, unknown cause.

To get the ASV complain long and loud that the current PAP is not treating consistently due to these Central events.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, Dave, thanks so much!  I lowered my EPR last night from 2 to 1.  I had 5 CAs, AHI 0.93.  From my understanding from previous posts, heart failure can cause CA's, but wouldn't I know if I had heart failure?  Kind of scary.

I am going to schedule an appt. with a new sleep doc/pulmonologist.  I wasn't crazy about the one I saw (no personality) and not personable. :/ (seemed bored with job...)

I have good insurance, and they are pretty flexible if I want to change docs.

I see you are on the AirCurve10 ASV!  Is that for your CA's, etc. ? Did your insurance pay for it or did you buy it.  I did look them up and they are quite expensive.
Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
My ASV is for very high pre-existing CA on my diagnostic in 2017. Medicaid based health insurance paid it fully. DME I used then was Apria.

I'm graduating to even higher priced ventilator NIV with my preference as the ResMed Astral 150. I also have COPD and the ASV isn't playing well with this combo.

If you're a heart failure patient as in CHF, not any doubt you'd know it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,799 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Worrying session last night - hypopneas increased tenfold! BigWing 12 234 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  [CPAP] Suddenly air feels too dry.. outasleep 2 289 01-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Health] AHI Increased - Covid Positive amfar33 2 411 12-27-2023, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Central Hypopneas suddenly! Kingsway 4 521 11-19-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Increased Anxiety/Irritability after Starting CPAP? gohoos1998 0 401 11-17-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: gohoos1998
  [CPAP] AHI Suddenly Getting Worse bwor80 1 423 10-23-2023, 09:40 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.