Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help hooking up SleepyHead to S9 and CMS50
RE: Help hooking up SleepyHead to S9 and CMS50
(08-11-2012, 06:51 PM)zonk Wrote:
(08-11-2012, 06:00 PM)Tommy C Wrote: I read that the CMS50[?] will allow for merging its oxi data with the standard S9 data for an integrated SleepyHead display.
To have oximetery data recorded on the S9 SD card , you,ll need ResMed oximeter-adapter kit (expensive setup) and ResScan
http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...lo_eng.pdf

S9 oximeter setup video (2nd video)
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

Thanks this was very helpful. Does the Data Transfer device work with any oximetry device? I notice that Sleephead only imports CMS50 devices. I review the device but did not see a usb that comes with it for downloading. It appears that if I get the Resmed S9 Oximeter adapter all the data from the oximeter will be load to the same SD card that loads the sleep data? thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help hooking up SleepyHead to S9 and CMS50
(08-28-2013, 07:33 AM)gogailg5 Wrote:
(08-11-2012, 06:51 PM)zonk Wrote:
(08-11-2012, 06:00 PM)Tommy C Wrote: I read that the CMS50[?] will allow for merging its oxi data with the standard S9 data for an integrated SleepyHead display.
To have oximetery data recorded on the S9 SD card , you,ll need ResMed oximeter-adapter kit (expensive setup) and ResScan
http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...lo_eng.pdf

S9 oximeter setup video (2nd video)
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

Thanks this was very helpful. Does the Data Transfer device work with any oximetry device? ... It appears that if I get the Resmed S9 Oximeter adapter all the data from the oximeter will be load to the same SD card that loads the sleep data? thanks

The ResMed oximetry kit only works with the oximeter which is included in the kit.

The S9 Oximetry Kit is over US$1,000, and most DME suppliers will not be able to provide it to you. I got a prescription for the S9 Oximetry kit from my doctor and brought it to my usual DME provider, and they said they couldn't help me. The Oximetry Kit is really intended only for professional use in sleep studies and in doctor offices and the like. Later, I did find an online DME who would provide it, as long as a prescription was obtained. You can send me a Private Message if you would like to pursue getting the ResMed Oximetry Kit.

The CMS-50 recording pulse oximeters come with their own free software to display plots of the data. Data from the CMS-50D Plus model can be read by SleepyHead, but (last time I looked into it) other CMS models could not be. Nonetheless, I bought a wrist-mounted CMS-50 model from Supplier #19 because the wrist-mounted type exerts less pressure on the finger and is less uncomfortable to wear all night. It is easy to use the CMS oximeter software to plot oximeter data, and then use ResScan or SleepyHead to look at my sleep data for that same time, to see what breathing event caused the O2 desat event.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hooking up O2 to Dreamstation with Heated MusicmanCPAP 4 1,184 01-11-2022, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  CMS50 SpO2 bwexler 22 6,457 09-06-2018, 10:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Hooking up the battery; a question. JVinNE 2 2,086 06-27-2015, 11:53 PM
Last Post: JVinNE

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.