Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Decorations
Curious, another company has decorated covers for machine does anyone know if their is a company that does for this machine. Don't want to use stickers, difficult to remove or change.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Beverlylynn1,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I know they have decorative skins for different machines but I haven't used them. I wondered if they wouldn't be difficult to change?
Hang in there for more answers to your question and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Also wanted to say that I purchased the cpap pillow(cost too much) but I am side and stomach sleeper and it is difficult with mask on, I believe it is by Contour. But I am have less problems sleeping and my husband states he can tell difference, less getting up less air leakage in middle of night.
I do find wearing mask annoying to be attached to hose but otherwise I wake up catching my breath. So must wear mask. Don't like others know I have this problem or see me with mask. I have used a machine for about 6 years and did not use it much the first several years until my husband complained could not sleep next to me and I started catching my breath in middle of the night and waking up not being able to breath. I really wish I did not have to deal with this.
Post Reply Post Reply

Beverlylynn1, CPAP either saves our lives or reduces the risk of getting illness's like depression, diabeties, heart attack, stroke, etc, etc. I can understand you not wanting to tell people but it is an illness and something you can't help. I don't go out of my way to tell people but the majority of my friends that know I have it are amazed how much it has improved my life and want to know all about it, they are so interested. We should not be embarrassed. A number of people have been for sleep studies that I have spoken to and found they have sleep apnea including my sisters who has had depression and fibromyagia for years and years. She has only been on her CPAP for 6 months and her symptoms are starting to lift. I feel I have given my sister a gift by talking to her about it and encouraging her to go for her sleep study, I was so certain she had it and would benefit from it, I paid for her sleep study and bought her machine for her. I hope one day you will change you mind about it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2013, 11:34 AM)Beverlylynn1 Wrote: Also wanted to say that I purchased the cpap pillow(cost too much) but I am side and stomach sleeper and it is difficult with mask on, I believe it is by Contour.

Sometime in the future you may want to try a hybrid mask. You may find it more comfortable.

I'm also a side-stomach sleeper and bought a papillow. It helped a lot, but when I switched to nasal pillows I was even happier.

Since you have a full face mask the closest you can get to nasal pillows is a hybrid mask.
Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
From what I could find on the Internet, only the S9 has skins available. I couldn't find any decorative covers or skins for the System One.
Post Reply Post Reply