Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SPo2
RE: SPo2
You do realize that we are talking about Micro$oft Windows. . . Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2021, 05:39 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Did you install the Silabs driver before or after the SpO2 Assistant software?  My Windows SpO2 software CD was supplied with its own driver.  You only needed to download the Silabs driver if you were using the old CMS-50 firmware version and performing a direct import into OSCAR/SleeyHead with a Mac.

downloaded the spo2assistant, installed it and then it told me to load the silabs driver .. just click on the link provided...
charlie
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
You triggered a memory. You will need to use, Smart Device Assistant 3.1.0.1, instead of SpO2 Assistant. This is because of the newer comm parameters of the CMS-50 are not in SpO2 Assistant. Most users report that there is a web address inside the oximeter's box for downloading this piece of software.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2021, 06:11 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: You do realize that we are talking about Micro$oft Windows. . .   Big Grin

Lolabove

Crimson Nape Wrote:Smart Device Assistant 3.1.0.1, instead of SpO2 Assistant.

Nice catch.  Older versions of the CMS50F (v6.1) use the older SpO2 Assistant.  Newer versions (v2.1???) use Smart Device Assistant.

Red, are there any issues updating the CP210x drivers when using the newer SDA software?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I seem to recall that the the new version doesn't use the CP2102 chip, but something different.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2021, 08:08 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote:  Most users report that there is a web address inside the oximeter's box for downloading this piece of software.

From the OSCAR wiki:

Quote:The Pulse Ox CMS50F Version 2.0.0 hardware requires the Smart Device Assistant V3.1.0.1. The software can be downloaded at http://www.dlsoftw.com with index code: 01GS4016
https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph..._Oximeters
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2021, 10:35 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: From the OSCAR wiki:

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph..._Oximeters

Thank you!!  downloaded/installed and it could find the cms50F without a problem ... but I lost the night's worth of data that I had on it .. so I'll start over tonight to record the data.

the weird thing about this .. if I just go to link listed inside the box .. I get warnings, etc  about an infected site.. and can't download.. but if I click on your link ( appears to be the same as what I'm typing in ) .. it takes me there no problem .. I spent about 2 hours playing around to finally installing the correct software ..

so tomorrow, I'll try importing the data from the smart device assistant into oscar...

and again.. thanks to everyone for all the help.. would have taken forever to figure this out by myself 
charlie
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,722 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
Question Spo2 data format Squid3083 11 2,190 03-11-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Rebakim4
  SpO2 Assistant Data File Conversion WSHenry 3 3,083 01-11-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: BiggerDog
  Can anyone tell me from this screenshot what Oscar is using as my baseline SpO2 level mikep118 13 1,876 11-13-2023, 06:05 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
Gross SpO2 Assistant Unable To Start Correctly Merlin309 0 460 09-03-2023, 12:35 AM
Last Post: Merlin309
Idea Spreadsheet Analysis of SpO2: Median of +/- one minute looks helpful DavidEsp 1 711 08-22-2023, 10:55 AM
Last Post: chemmkl
Idea Better SpO2 Metrics? Integrative/Cumulative? DavidEsp 1 702 08-22-2023, 10:17 AM
Last Post: chemmkl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.