Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Decreasing pressure graph VAuto?
Decreasing pressure graph VAuto?
This morning when I checked Oscar I happened to see my pressure graph decreasing throughout the night. My pressure settings were 9.6/4.0 fixed (VAuto mode for registering FL), but the pressure graph shows both IPAP and EPAP decreasing all the way to zero in a straight line. 

I don't remember experiencing anything strange at awakening and both AHI and FL look great. I assume the actual pressure remained at setting levels, but why would the pressure graph act this weird? I checked it out for another 30min (07.00-07.30) but nothing to see.

Is this something that looks familiar to you? Maybe a software bug? Or even a sign that the machine's end of life is approaching? I bought the machine 2nd hand about 2 weeks ago and it has about 7,000 run hours. For the last 2 weeks it has run very smoothly.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Decreasing pressure graph VAuto?
That's very curious. Also your second session looks like it is in CPAP mode. I'd like to take a look at your SD card data. Please make a zip copy using Help->Troubleshooting->Make zip copy.... Please put your forum name in the file name, and upload it to Gideon's Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/request/6VeFzBXa4qZ37EgphL5b

Thanks.

As an aside, 7000 hours is nowhere near the life of a CPAP machine; mine has over 18000 hours and going strong.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just uploaded the .zip file.
Thank you for taking a look at it!
Post Reply Post Reply
The Oscar version might have something to do with it. When I downgrade to version 1.2.0 the pressure graph won't show any pressure at all. 

After I upgraded again to 1.3.0 I got the graph I posted earlier today. 

It's curious indeed. 
Looking forward to your comments!
Post Reply Post Reply
Got it.
Phil, you know where.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got it! And here's the problem - a data error in the last value of the three pressure values:
Code:
82933: Debug: Failed to add last event -1.2 "Fri. Oct. 29 06:20:51 2021" Pos: 14279
82934: Debug: Failed to add last event -20 "Fri. Oct. 29 06:20:51 2021" Pos: 14279
82934: Debug: Failed to add last event -0.125 "Fri. Oct. 29 06:20:51 2021" Pos: 14279
 I thought I had fixed a similar problem, so I'll have to look into why this is different, or why I substituted zero instead of the previous value. 

This should be an intermittent error, and it seems to only show up when the machine is set for constant pressure.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much. So it has nothing to do with the machine itself? This morning a decent pressure graph showed up again, so it seems to be intermittent indeed.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Overview Line Graph Jan Flikweert 13 106 2 hours ago
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  ResM AirCurve 11 VAuto - Where to send zip file Empty13220 1 64 04-09-2024, 09:07 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  VAuto 11 Resmed SD card zip for developers. Where to upload? OviBerger 1 97 04-08-2024, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 264 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Transferring old SD data to new Resmed Vauto SD Mal777 15 958 03-21-2024, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Program a ResMed AirCurve 10 VAUTO HD Fry 9 736 12-07-2023, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Trouble scrolling in a zoomed graph window. morningstar 2 492 09-26-2023, 12:43 PM
Last Post: morningstar

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.