Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Deep Sleep
RE: Deep Sleep
(04-28-2021, 07:06 PM)Geer1 Wrote: What is curious about that example you posted isn't the OA itself but that there were three other blockages/restrictions in same window. Those were obstructive in nature but because they are less than 10 seconds in length they don't get flagged as apnea or hypopnea.

You appear to be having more OA at these recent settings and that makes sense.

Your minimum pressure (EPAP) is what stints airway open to stop obstructive apnea from occurring. Initially you were using a fixed pressure of 13 cm with no EPR so your EPAP was constant at 13 cm. You followed directions and lowered min pressure to 9 cm and turned EPR on and to 3 cm which makes your minimum EPAP 6 cm. Because you also turned the machine onto auto it increases EPAP on its own but it does so reactively (after apnea or flow limitations have occurred). On the 27th your average EPAP was 9.42, still significantly lower than your original settings.

Hopefully that makes some sense. In short you should increase EPAP (by increasing min pressure) to try and treat these obstructions. Since min EPAP = min pressure - EPR my recommendation is a minimum pressure of 13 cm (10 cm EPAP). This is still lower than your original settings but hopefully will be enough to stint your airway open.

I would also increase the max pressure to 20 cm as the machine came close to/hit your max pressure setting of 15 cm both nights. If it starts going too high and is uncomfortable then you can reduce maximum but if the higher pressure doesn't bother you it might help resolve a few more events.

I had the settings as min 9 and max 16 as recommended earlier. I am not able to handle the max pressure as I end up choking and gasping for breath. I think 16 is just about the threshold for max that I am able to handle. I will increase the min pressure gradually and post the results.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Kashyap
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All,

I am attaching my screenshots for April 30, May2 and May 3. I did not change my min pressure yet. April 30 had to get up and take the dog out, and had trouble getting back to sleep. Also took the COVID vaccine and sleep has not been that good as I usually sleep on my sides and could not sleep on the one side the past few days. I will be upping the min pressure to 11 today and collect data for a few days and share.

Best Regards,

Kashyap

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
When you post a screen shot make sure top left tab is on details as there is valuable information there that allows us to compare data. The events tab doesn't really help us.

You seem to have some periods of lower and higher flow limitation (for example first half of Apr 30th was low and then second half higher). I am curious if the higher flow limitation periods might be related to your sleep position (back, chin tucked or something along those lines).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 99 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 205 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Average AHI vs deep sleep stage AHI question BezDuh 4 585 01-24-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,360 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  reading oscar data- deep sleep nachumj 6 811 10-10-2023, 09:34 AM
Last Post: gainerfull
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 807 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.