Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Deep Sleep
RE: Deep Sleep
I am attaching the daily report for last night with the new setting max: 15, min: 9 and EPR 3. There seems to be more CA and Hypopnea events though arousal/waking seems to have reduced.

Best Regards,

Kashyap

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR is reporting one OA event at 2:08am. In the events tab this is reported as: #1: 02:08:16 (14). What is the 14 in parentheses?

Best Regards,

Kashyap
Post Reply Post Reply
(14) 14 second duration
Post Reply Post Reply
The night looks better. The centrals are mainly as you wake up. That happens a lot and usually is discounted as sleep junk that happens on waking. 

The H events have a couple times where they are grouped together (one at 12am) is very probably chin tucking.  No pressures can help those. Chin tucking is called positional apnea. You are getting into a position where you cut off your own airway. It is NOT happening often and you just need to be aware and make sure it doesn’t happen a number of times during the night. 

Keep your pressure the same for 3 or 4 nights and post again. Include HOW you are feeling, you are to the point that is a very important point of your therapy.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
You may have EPR set to 3 but you did not turn it on.

Edit: To clarify you have it on ramp only, want to turn it on so it works the whole night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes sorry I messed the ramp only setting. Set it to full time.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2021, 10:43 AM)staceyburke Wrote: Yes sorry I messed the ramp only setting. Set it to full time.

When you only see the green line on pressure graph it is a dead giveaway that EPR is off. Green = EPAP, Red = IPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2021, 11:09 AM)Geer1 Wrote:
(04-23-2021, 10:43 AM)staceyburke Wrote: Yes sorry I messed the ramp only setting. Set it to full time.

When you only see the green line on pressure graph it is a dead giveaway that EPR is off. Green = EPAP, Red = IPAP.

Thanks for letting me know. I will set EPR to full time.

Best Regards,

Kashyap
Post Reply Post Reply
Another update - I just checked my fitbit and Deep sleep is reported at 1hour 08minutes. Definitely back to what was being reported prior to using CPAP.

Best Regards,

Kashyap
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello All,

I am attaching the screenshot for last night after having turned on EPR to full time. Let me know if there is something off. Also had a 50 minute nap yesterday afternoon. I am not sure if this is because I have developed a habit to lie down in the afternoons on the weekend. I definitely feel sleepy though.

Best Regards,

Kashyap

I also spoke with my Sleep Physician and he was saying AHI below 5.0 consistently is what they are going for and since I have consistently been between 0.7 and 3.04 I should not worry too much about the napping and that it will go away over time. He stated that for some people it is almost immediate while for others it can take over a year to see all the symptoms resolve.

Best Regards,

Kashyap

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 197 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 217 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 248 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Average AHI vs deep sleep stage AHI question BezDuh 4 616 01-24-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,401 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  reading oscar data- deep sleep nachumj 6 873 10-10-2023, 09:34 AM
Last Post: gainerfull
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 829 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.