Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Insurance coverage and RERAs
Insurance coverage and RERAs
I was diagnosed with UARS last week after an in-lab sleep study. I had zero apneas or hypopneas (though I did have hypopneas in an at-home study just prior to the lab test), but my RERA index was 5.25. They also diagnosed me with PLMD. I've attached the basic results.

BCBS denied my coverage for an APAP. My question is, should I appeal or just go ahead and buy the APAP and supplies. My sleep doc will be sending me my prescription so I can order online. Has anyone successfully appealed a denial due to no apneas or hypopneas?

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Insurance coverage and RERAs
Personally, I would go ahead and work with your doctor and file an appeal. My doctor has done it a couple of times with me, and we are starting the process of doing the same with my wife.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,525 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 274 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  RERAs, RDI vs AHI in Oscar, flow limitations CPAPveteran 5 786 02-03-2024, 12:39 PM
Last Post: SomniumSusurrator
Question [Diagnosis] Why are my RDI/RERAs so High? rc102177 2 325 01-14-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,867 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  Insurance Compliance and Changing My Own Pressure Brennie 3 432 11-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.