Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Defective Pillows for ResMed AirFit P10
Defective Pillows for ResMed AirFit P10
One of the replacement pillows I received this week for my ResMed AirFit P10 has a defect serious enough that it is essentially unusable, although I did make it through one short night of use because I really needed to sleep. The second night I spent 30 minutes trying to get the right-side nostril to stop hissing at me and found that it only sealed if I pulled the pillow away from my nostril until it was barely touching. I gave up trying and had a good look at the pillows. The tip of the right-side pillow is not cut straight across but instead has a curved shape, so that the opening is wider than normal and the pillow is effectively shorter than normal.

If you receive a similar defective pillows unit you should be able to spot it right away if you know what to look for. See the photo of the offending pillow below - click on the photo to see an enlargement.

I am assuming that I will be able to obtain a replacement unit from my DME supplier.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Defective Pillows for ResMed AirFit P10
Hi OpineCone,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I would sure talk to the DME about a replacement pillow for your mask.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I would definitely be looking for a replacement. Sometimes quality control can miss something. It's a bummer it happened to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
That would be a pillow designed for people with shorter right nostrils. Probably costs extra.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had a similar experience but it was caused by the inner pillow receding into the frame. All I had to do was remove the pillow unit from the lower and press the offending inner pillow back up into the outer one and this solved the problem. I hope your problem will as easy to correct.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2015, 11:18 AM)sgearhart Wrote: I've had a similar experience but it was caused by the inner pillow receding into the frame. All I had to do was remove the pillow unit from the lower and press the offending inner pillow back up into the outer one and this solved the problem. I hope your problem will as easy to correct.

Hi sgearhart,

Sorry if I did not make it clear that the tip of the pillow was cut incorrectly and ended up with a curved end instead of the desired flat tip. If I held the pillow in a vertical position and set my trained pet spider mite to walk around the tip, it would be walking uphill and then downhill, and up and down again, like a tiny roller-coaster, until it completed the full circle. The only way I can think of to correct the problem is to vary the tilt of the pillow as the spider mite walks around the edge so that it is always walking on a horizontal surface. Quite honestly, I think it will be easier to exchange the defective pillows unit. Too-funny

I have never actually seen an inner pillow get stuck in a depressed position but I have read about it. Whenever I have trouble getting a pillow to seal into a nostril I squeeze the sides of the outer pillow to make sure the inner pillow is not depressed. Then I have my wife squeeze me to make sure I am not depressed. Dancing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,255 7 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 52 3,315 Yesterday, 06:43 PM
Last Post: psinderbrand
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,781 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,584 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,988 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 394 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,605 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.