Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Definitions terms used in Respironics REMstar Pro
Definitions terms used in Respironics REMstar Pro
In the setup menu of my Model 450 50 series REMstar Pro with C-flex Plus
There are words I need definitions for:
Apnea/Hypopnea indices
Periodic Breathing
Sultec
Latest CPAP machine: Dream Station DSX500H11C  màsk: ResMed Air Fit P10
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Definitions terms used in Respironics REMstar Pro
The Apneaboard Wiki has a glossary of terms, acronyms and lots of other useful information: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...=Wiki_Home
The apnea hypopnea index (AHI) is the sum of obstructive and clear airway apneas (breathing cessations > 10 seconds) plus hypopneas per hour. It is averaged over a full therapy session. Your machine also breaks down that data.

Periodic breathing is any respiratory pattern that has a repeating pattern. Normally not a problem, it also includes Cheyne-Stokes Respiration which is a common complication of congestive heart failure.

Take a look at the wiki for more, and download the free #Sleepyhead software which will really reveal the data capabilities of your new machine. Welcome to the forum, and don't hesitate to ask questions.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2017, 10:31 AM)Sultec Wrote: In the setup menu of my Model 450 50 series REMstar Pro with C-flex Plus
There are words I need definitions for:
Apnea/Hypopnea indices
Periodic Breathing

https://scottishsleepapnoea.co.uk/patien...-of-terms/
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sultec,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and with the new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,062 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 379 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 230 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 787 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,414 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,296 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.