Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Deletion of data files from SD after 30-days
Question 

My ReMed S9 Auto machine starts deleting data file from the top of the stack on the SD after 30-days (one day of data files per each day used after 30-days). Although, very little space on the SD is being used. Is this programmable, or, is it a limitation of the ReMed machine? If programmable, how can I fix the problem?

Thanks;
VET65
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Deletion of data files from SD after 30-days
Detailed data written directly on the card, not stored in machine memory and for that reason its advisable to make sure card inside the machine during use otherwise detailed data is lost
SD card stores 30 days of detailed data and 7 days of flow data
S9 and SD card stores 365 days of therapy and compliance data
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html
Post Reply Post Reply
Flow data is, I think, the flow, leak, snore, and pressure rates in addition to AHI breakdown.

Detail data is AHI and pressure data, right? It does not include flow, leak, snore?

And therapy and compliance data would be the AHI and hours used.

The key is, if you are using ResScan, is to select "Discard" when it says it will overwrite existing data. Discard means if the data is already in the record (on your computer), it will not overwrite it. This lets you keep the whole package.

As I said in another post, this is ResMed's biggest mistake. If their goal is to make the best treatment possible, then it fails. After 30 days, your doctor basically knows you used it but knows nothing about flow rate, what pressure it needed, nothing. ResMed instead proves it is all about compliance and little about if it is actually working. And that proves we are not the consumers.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Paula02

I wounder how many contacts from members of this group it would take for Resmed to make changes and allow us keep the data on the card for at least 365 days?
If we were to start a team effort I could cal them once a week, with a list of requests. These might include the ability to update the firmware in a machine to bring it up to the standard of newer machines.
I am sure someone here could think of one more item to put on the list.

(09-24-2013, 05:41 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Flow data is, I think, the flow, leak, snore, and pressure rates in addition to AHI breakdown.

Detail data is AHI and pressure data, right? It does not include flow, leak, snore?

And therapy and compliance data would be the AHI and hours used.

The key is, if you are using ResScan, is to select "Discard" when it says it will overwrite existing data. Discard means if the data is already in the record (on your computer), it will not overwrite it. This lets you keep the whole package.

As I said in another post, this is ResMed's biggest mistake. If their goal is to make the best treatment possible, then it fails. After 30 days, your doctor basically knows you used it but knows nothing about flow rate, what pressure it needed, nothing. ResMed instead proves it is all about compliance and little about if it is actually working. And that proves we are not the consumers.

Post Reply Post Reply
I forget the exact details, but someone once posted the technical details of what ResMed did that makes it necessary to erase some data even though there's still plenty of space on the card.

IIRC, it had to do with creating too many individual files each night, cluster size, and not handling it right, and the way files are stored on the type of filesystem used on SD cards.

It was some very amateurish programming on ResMed's part, but wouldn't be easy to fix without some major redesign, but there's no easy way to redo software on existing S9 machines.

It wouldn't be difficult at all to fix it on the machines they're making now by adding the files to a zip archive before erasing them, but they'd have to update ResScan and other programs to be able to use them.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Admin Note] Members-Only FILES SuperSleeper 13 403 02-16-2024, 06:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 422 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 341 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Bad O2 days with APAP? ikwtif 23 1,729 11-21-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: BeautifulDay
  [Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense? Aldiorg 9 905 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Airsense 11 doesn't write SD data on some days only chipschap 7 674 10-07-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: chipschap
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 9 1,095 05-18-2023, 01:22 PM
Last Post: manders513

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.