Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Deliberately plugging/claming nose?
Deliberately plugging/claming nose?
A thought occured…

Since my sinus surgery (major regret), tolerating pressure (and winter weather!) is a concern.  Im steqdily losing weight now, but its entirely possible i will need PAP therapy forever….or perhaps later in the future.

I no longer breathe through my mouth.  So…has anyone ever been in a similar situation and clamped or plugged their nose underneath a full face mask to force mouth breathing?

Im not sure this would even work, as PAP air through the mouth would still impact sinuses to so,e degree…

Imteresting thought though….more of an idle curiosity for the future…
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Deliberately plugging/claming nose?
The sinus surgery has caused long-term discomfort with nasal breathing? Even with a heated hose and humidity?
That has to be frustrating. 

I did see an oral (ie: mouth only) mask the other day, sorry I can't remember the name of it.
It might have been on the supplier 38 website. 
I have no idea how well it fits/works.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 830 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  nose breather in training cberistain 5 282 01-11-2023, 09:05 PM
Last Post: cberistain
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 34 2,851 01-10-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: SavvApnea
  [CPAP] Blocked nose and face mask, how to adjust? Lynandra 15 559 01-06-2023, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Lynandra
  Nose bridge skin problem nabilx 4 258 12-30-2022, 12:10 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Moisture feel on nose Nick123 8 320 11-28-2022, 03:31 PM
Last Post: fishfinderG
  [Equipment] Nasal pillows with least pressure on tip of nose? MiriNeedsANap 0 274 09-07-2022, 03:03 PM
Last Post: MiriNeedsANap

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.