Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dent on top of my head from strap
Dent on top of my head from strap
I've tried searching for this subject to no avail.
I've been using a machine for just about 10 years now and have developed a dent in the top of my skull from the strap on my mask.
Tried buying a couple caps, but no luck with them.
Has anyone else had this trouble and found something to prevent this??
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dent on top of my head from strap
I've had problems with the straps that go across cheek area leaving dents.  
I ordered some strap covers sold by Supplier #31, which eliminated the marks on my face.

I suppose the covers can be used at the crown area for the same purpose.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks - I see they do make them for the top straps. I'll give it a try!
Post Reply Post Reply
I moved onto a Simplus headgear. It fits like a hat. I barely feel it's on.

I use to have Airfit. The fit was horrible I had to make it super tight not to leak. In between a permanent mark on my nose and a rough rash on my neck it was driving me crazy. I asked a dermatologist what to do. 

He said "I have no idea"....that's when I realized I was on my own. A wise moderator here politely suggested I try the F&P. My sleep doctor's assistant agreed. 

You need to dump that headgear it doesn't owe you anything and there are better fitting HG out there.

[Image: RRL8Zye.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using a P10 nasal pillow almost all of my 11+ years of CPAP and have also developed a dent across the top of my head.  I also went through several phases of chin straps and other full face masks to address my mouth breathing.  One chinstrap that helped reduce my head dent AND my mouth breathing was the Knightsbridge brand.  The biggest negative of this device: it covers the whole head and when worn it is quite hot, so I only use it during the winter months.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use and AirFit F20 and might have a dent on the top of my head. Not really an issue as the dent I have is from my headset from flying large aircraft for 20+ years for Uncle Sam and another 10 doing simulator operations as a contractor.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Air Touch F20 has put a dent behind my ear and managed to rub off hair just a little higher I have thinning short hair anyway and I look a little funny from the back now. This is the only full face mask I have been able to wear successfully with very low leaks and low AHI results so I just put up with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Intersting. I asked some time ago if there were side effects from using cpap therapy.

I was thinking of more internal...shallow breathing for instance. It's not normal being hooked up to a breathing apparatus like we are every night.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the replies - glad to know I'm not alone.
I've never been able to tolerate a full face mask - tried several brands.
I've been using one of those double banded red chinstraps and it also makes a dent, but at least the leaking is a bit better.
Post Reply Post Reply
You might take a look at the Bleep mask. The interface is nasal, and there are no straps anywhere. It's a good option now, and an improved version will be coming out late summer or early fall.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 370 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,114 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,552 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Chin Strap for Full Face Mask? newtothis1 5 652 01-01-2024, 03:03 PM
Last Post: newtothis1
  Chin Strap or Cervical Collar with Nasal Pillows? Columbiabill 2 559 12-26-2023, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Chin Strap Suggestions Jose Castro 9 823 12-17-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.