Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Depakote ER and Sleep Apnea?
I just got yet another new medication today. I am to start taking Depakote ER for migraine prevention. Since it can cause dizziness and drowsiness, I was told to take it at night. I am to start out at 500mg and if it works, I am to increase it to 1000mg in ten days.

I'll be watching my numbers for a while, to see if it interacts. I unfortunately am on a lot of medications and have noted which ones bother what when. Usually it is the "PRN" meds that cause issues. Ambien, which I take as needed for insomnia, doesn't really make much of a difference except an increase in CA events. Never high enough to warrant concern, though. I take a narcotic as needed for pain and that can really increase the CA events if I take it several times in a row.

Anyone else take Depakote? Do you think it influences your data?
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  afib and sleep apnea poppypete 186 7,216 07-27-2018, 01:31 AM
Last Post: jmjm28
Wink Cpap =tinittus or central sleep apnea? Mouchet 7 244 07-22-2018, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Positional Sleep Apnea Olive2018 4 189 07-17-2018, 10:12 AM
Last Post: mesenteria
  [Diagnosis] Diagnosed with Central Sleep Apnea apneabloke 8 321 07-16-2018, 07:18 AM
Last Post: foxfire
  Medical Marijuana and Sleep Apnea? BDP87 12 508 07-15-2018, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Associated Press "New ways to conquer sleep apnea compete for place in bedroom" 2SleepBetta 0 281 07-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta
  Altitude-induced Sleep Apnea b.e.wilson 6 360 06-17-2018, 10:21 PM
Last Post: ShaunBlake