Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Depakote ER and Sleep Apnea?
Depakote ER and Sleep Apnea?
I just got yet another new medication today. I am to start taking Depakote ER for migraine prevention. Since it can cause dizziness and drowsiness, I was told to take it at night. I am to start out at 500mg and if it works, I am to increase it to 1000mg in ten days.

I'll be watching my numbers for a while, to see if it interacts. I unfortunately am on a lot of medications and have noted which ones bother what when. Usually it is the "PRN" meds that cause issues. Ambien, which I take as needed for insomnia, doesn't really make much of a difference except an increase in CA events. Never high enough to warrant concern, though. I take a narcotic as needed for pain and that can really increase the CA events if I take it several times in a row.

Anyone else take Depakote? Do you think it influences your data?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 113 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 13 277 03-12-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 5 193 03-12-2024, 03:56 PM
Last Post: RoughriderTR
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 6 453 03-10-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,819 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep physicians that value OSCAR and the Apnea Board community FrankFuss 26 3,259 02-28-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 185 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.