Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Desperate need of help understanding results
RE: Desperate need of help understanding results
Can I still keep @ 3 and be effective? Can I lower that number?
Post Reply Post Reply
I, like Sleeprider like your min at 8, but for now please set min pressure = 7.
Often a higher pressure actually makes it easier to breathe.

A practical experiment to help you understand the pressures, especially the exhale pressure actually at work here.

Get a tall glass of water and a straw. Simply insert the straw into the glass to near the bottom. Now simple blow into the straw.

Any issues?

didn't think so. Assuming the straw was 8 inches deep you just exhaled against the highest pressure your CPAP is capable of, 20 cmw. The pressure you are complaining about is only 4 cmw, 20% of what you exerted by blowing bubbles.

I'm not saying that you are not having issues, just that they are likely something other than just the pressure. So can you be more specific on how the pressure is causing the problem? Is it perhaps flow, rather than pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
Typically we want you to keep EPR = 3, just raise min pressure to 7 so EPR is ALWAYS at 3.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok will try tonight. I put it at 7/3. Ty And will report back.
Post Reply Post Reply
The exhale pressure is near the minimum the machine produces. If you want to start at 7.0/4.0 that would be as low as it goes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Raw data explanation
Hello -

So I was able to obtain the raw data from my sleep study. I have been on a CPAP for 6 weeks and feel no different. I’m wondering if there is anything concerning on this report other than the apnea’s that would still cause tiredness the next day? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Attached Files
.pdf   Perl_A_2021-11-11.PDF (Size: 60.89 KB / Downloads: 11)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Raw data explanation
Your sleep test shows obvious clustering of obstructive events. Other than that, the results show you have mild obstructive apnea and RDI with persistent flow limitation. Your respiration rate is 20 bpm in both your study and Oscar charts. I don't see anything in this sleep study that is helpful in shedding more light on your lack of satisfaction with CPAP, but we have only seen one detailed chart and really need to see additional days at your updated pressures, and perhaps some close-up zooms of your respiration flow to better identify any issues.

Since this is once again something that should be in your therapy thread I am merging this new thread with the existing one where the Oscar data is posted. I don't see how this is a separate topic or issue.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I finally got an in lab sleep test as I was still exhausted after 7 weeks of CPAP therapy. A lot of things popped up in regards to sleep but my AHI was only 7. 

My concerns: 

1. Sleep latency prolonged 
2. Sleep efficiency - 57% 
3. 0.0% - total sleep time in N3 sleep 
4. # of arousals - 10.29 per hour 

Would anyone look at these results and have other concerns outside of mild OSA? Im quite concerned about 0% n3 sleep. I keep saying I don’t feel refreshed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Got sleep study results and I am quite fustrated ewarner64 6 85 4 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,407 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 406 04-16-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,551 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 161 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 1,959 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help interpreting my results (and hello!) mluck94 4 151 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: mluck94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.