Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Desperate need of help understanding results
Desperate need of help understanding results
                    Hi,

I have been on CPAP therapy for 5 weeks and do not feel any better. My blood work is fine to date. I have a follow up with my pulmonologist tomorrow but he has not been helpful at all. I want to understand myself what is going on. The main issue is when I wake up I feel as if I never slept even at 7hrs. It is getting worse. I attached some results in hopes to get some advice from others on what may be going on.....THANK YOU!!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Desperate need of help understanding results
The information you gave is not as useful as a couple daily sets of charts. Be sure the left column is included. Use the F12 button for the screen. Also include the charts in my link in the signature. 

I’m not near a computer now but go to view at the top left of Oscar and go to charts and standard to get the correct charts.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Need help understanding CPAP results

Hi all,

I'm needing some help figuring out what is going on with my CPAP usage. I have been on a CPAP for 5 weeks and don't feel any changes at all which is starting to worry me. I wake everyday as if I didn't get a minute of sleep and I have no idea what to do. My AHI looks good so I'm lost. Thank you in advance!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help understanding CPAP results
Your machine is set to 5-16 pressure with EPR 3. Although the AHI seems low, the pressure is bouncing around a lot and this may be disruptive to sleep. I think a minimum pressure of 7.0 or 8.0 is going to even out that problem and should improve your sleep. Your long-term average pressure is 8.0, and I like that as your minimum pressure if you are comfortable with it. The only other thing I can suggest is that your therapy time is about 7-hours per night. It's possible that just isn't enough sleep time for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help understanding CPAP results
Thank you for your response. Would that pressure bouncing like that cause someone to feel like they haven’t slept in the morning or aren’t receiving CPAP benefits? What does it mean when it goes up and down like that?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have merged your two threads into one since the subject is the same.

Most people find that less pressure fluctuation results in better, more restful sleep. Some members of the forum have even moved to fixed pressure because it works better for their sleep. My objective in setting pressure on an auto machine is to prevent most events with a high enough pressure, and to keep pressure fluctuations to less than 3-cm from the minimum setting. That strategy usually works.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is beneficial to use ramp in this case to adjust to a higher pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you cannot tolerate high pressure to start, then set ramp to a pressure and time you can deal with. I don't use it, and obviously use much higher pressure. Most people don't need it after a couple months. The pressure I have suggested is only 8.0/5.0 (inhale/exhale), so if this is something that you find uncomfortable, why?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Feedback from the majority of Apnea Board members I've encountered is that Ramp is not all that helpful and may actually be more disruptive. It negates therapy for the duration of it's active time, and with it releases, then it can cause that disruption sure to a relatively short pair increase. This would most likely be true whether the user needs low or high pressure.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a hard time exhaling against the air.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 529 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 131 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,551 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 178 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 156 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 130 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,177 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.