Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Desperate
RE: Desperate
(01-06-2016, 02:38 PM)revpappy Wrote: I have found a Philips Respironics System One BiPAP Auto with Bluetooth. Model 760P for about $350. Are there any concerns with going to Auto BiPAP route rather than the traditional sleep study titration route? When I suggested to the nurse this morning she said it wasn't a good idea and would still have to be "set". This didn't make any sense to me sense the machine is "auto".

IMHO: The nurse's statement is based upon the notion that only "they" should enter the clinician menu.

The purpose of Apneaboard is education, patient empowerment, and sharing knowledge.

You have the free will to make the decision to set your own machine; or follow the nurse's suggestion.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I use that same machine and would be glad to help you dial it in. The auto BiPAP is very much like an auto CPAP except it has different pressures for inhale and exhale. The PRS1 760 requires you to set the minimum EPAP and maximum IPAP and a range of pressure support (PS). It will perform the titration and automatically adjust to your pressure needs through the night.

We already know that you need relatively high pressures to avoid OA, so the task is pretty simple. You will start in Auto BiPAP mode with a EPAP min of about 14, PS 4.0-6.0 and IPAP max at the machine limit (25 cm). It's possible we might be able to lower or raise the EPAP min, depending on your response, but I think this is pretty close to correct for you.

Not so hard is it? That price is a killer deal!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I should have mentioned that many years ago, after my last sleep study I was supposed to be on a BiPAP but my insurance wouldn't pay for it.

Thank you for the info Sleeprider! And you others!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mask anxiety is making me desperate - any help appreciated! Tropicalhammock777 9 765 11-14-2023, 02:47 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Am I doing this right (OSCAR)? - Desperate and Need help Psperez27 5 528 10-15-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Desperate for Humidity level help please luigi28me 4 707 09-24-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [Treatment] Desperate for assistance. UARS and APAP vermilion48 3 706 09-11-2023, 11:37 PM
Last Post: jwest
  New Member desperate for help Mandrake 17 1,407 10-18-2022, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Mandrake
  Desperate need of help understanding results AM777 17 1,767 01-31-2022, 09:24 PM
Last Post: AM777
  5 years on cpap, no improvement. getting desperate for some help. kc210 38 3,516 09-20-2020, 06:24 PM
Last Post: sheepless

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.