Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Desperate
(01-06-2016, 02:38 PM)revpappy Wrote: I have found a Philips Respironics System One BiPAP Auto with Bluetooth. Model 760P for about $350. Are there any concerns with going to Auto BiPAP route rather than the traditional sleep study titration route? When I suggested to the nurse this morning she said it wasn't a good idea and would still have to be "set". This didn't make any sense to me sense the machine is "auto".

IMHO: The nurse's statement is based upon the notion that only "they" should enter the clinician menu.

The purpose of Apneaboard is education, patient empowerment, and sharing knowledge.

You have the free will to make the decision to set your own machine; or follow the nurse's suggestion.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I use that same machine and would be glad to help you dial it in. The auto BiPAP is very much like an auto CPAP except it has different pressures for inhale and exhale. The PRS1 760 requires you to set the minimum EPAP and maximum IPAP and a range of pressure support (PS). It will perform the titration and automatically adjust to your pressure needs through the night.

We already know that you need relatively high pressures to avoid OA, so the task is pretty simple. You will start in Auto BiPAP mode with a EPAP min of about 14, PS 4.0-6.0 and IPAP max at the machine limit (25 cm). It's possible we might be able to lower or raise the EPAP min, depending on your response, but I think this is pretty close to correct for you.

Not so hard is it? That price is a killer deal!
Post Reply Post Reply
I should have mentioned that many years ago, after my last sleep study I was supposed to be on a BiPAP but my insurance wouldn't pay for it.

Thank you for the info Sleeprider! And you others!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Newbie Desperate for General Help - Introduction Nash 122 4,549 03-13-2017, 09:36 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  In desperate need of a Sleep Study Breezybealle 7 2,048 12-12-2014, 10:02 PM
Last Post: Ghost1958
Angry Desperate and Confused kgriggs 13 2,824 08-20-2014, 04:01 PM
Last Post: kgriggs
  desperate: stopping cpap for now storywizard 21 3,847 08-18-2014, 03:05 AM
Last Post: Kate
Question Newbie with Sleep Apnea, RLS & Bruxism, Desperate for Advice Jenna_in_oz 22 7,072 07-06-2014, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Amelie
  Cpap & Autopap NOT working - getting desperate Thecleanser 45 9,809 05-22-2014, 07:29 AM
Last Post: CHanlon
  What to do with day time sleepiness, I'm desperate Gabby 57 10,719 01-07-2014, 04:54 AM
Last Post: me50