Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Sex: Male

RE: Desperate
(01-06-2016 02:38 PM)revpappy Wrote:  I have found a Philips Respironics System One BiPAP Auto with Bluetooth. Model 760P for about $350. Are there any concerns with going to Auto BiPAP route rather than the traditional sleep study titration route? When I suggested to the nurse this morning she said it wasn't a good idea and would still have to be "set". This didn't make any sense to me sense the machine is "auto".

IMHO: The nurse's statement is based upon the notion that only "they" should enter the clinician menu.

The purpose of Apneaboard is education, patient empowerment, and sharing knowledge.

You have the free will to make the decision to set your own machine; or follow the nurse's suggestion.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
01-06-2016 03:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleeprider Online
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Resmed Climateline
CPAP Pressure: Auto Bilevel 18/9, PS 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

I use that same machine and would be glad to help you dial it in. The auto BiPAP is very much like an auto CPAP except it has different pressures for inhale and exhale. The PRS1 760 requires you to set the minimum EPAP and maximum IPAP and a range of pressure support (PS). It will perform the titration and automatically adjust to your pressure needs through the night.

We already know that you need relatively high pressures to avoid OA, so the task is pretty simple. You will start in Auto BiPAP mode with a EPAP min of about 14, PS 4.0-6.0 and IPAP max at the machine limit (25 cm). It's possible we might be able to lower or raise the EPAP min, depending on your response, but I think this is pretty close to correct for you.

Not so hard is it? That price is a killer deal!

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2016 03:52 PM by Sleeprider.)
01-06-2016 03:49 PM
revpappy Offline

Members

Machine: Respironics System One Auto BiPAP
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: None
CPAP Pressure: 16-25
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

I should have mentioned that many years ago, after my last sleep study I was supposed to be on a BiPAP but my insurance wouldn't pay for it.

Thank you for the info Sleeprider! And you others!
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2016 04:40 PM by revpappy.)
01-06-2016 04:39 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  In desperate need of a Sleep Study Breezybealle 7 1,723 12-12-2014 10:02 PM
Last Post: Ghost1958
Angry Desperate and Confused kgriggs 13 2,406 08-20-2014 04:01 PM
Last Post: kgriggs
  desperate: stopping cpap for now storywizard 21 3,403 08-18-2014 03:05 AM
Last Post: Kate
Question Newbie with Sleep Apnea, RLS & Bruxism, Desperate for Advice Jenna_in_oz 22 6,291 07-06-2014 03:16 AM
Last Post: Amelie
  Cpap & Autopap NOT working - getting desperate Thecleanser 45 8,595 05-22-2014 07:29 AM
Last Post: CHanlon
  What to do with day time sleepiness, I'm desperate Gabby 57 9,646 01-07-2014 04:54 AM
Last Post: me50
  [News] Desperate sleep apnea sufferers find relief through facial surgery ApneaNews 13 5,359 02-04-2013 09:10 PM
Last Post: southernlady