Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Desperately seeking relief - Pressure help
Desperately seeking relief - Pressure help
Here are my results from my at home test. I want to know what I should set my machine to based on this at home test until I get further information from the doctor. I purchased a ResMed air sense 10 with auto set and a Philips dream wear full face. 

I did go for an overnight sleep study after this at home test which did confirm mild sleep apnea but that’s all I know. About a week ago I had my overnight titration sleep test but they said it can be up to a month before I get my results/consult/official prescription. 

This compounded with a b12 and iron deficiency I am always so exhausted and worn out. I can’t live like this anymore. Can someone please help me find relief in the meantime?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Desperately seeking relief - Pressure help
Download the free OSCAR software and post a chart from your current therapy. Links in my signature show how to organize a chart and post an image attachment.

No results are in your post, and we need to know what settings you are using with your Airsense 10 Autoset? Throw me a bone. Your post is not giving useful information and your vitamin deficiency has nothing to do with it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
These are general starting values only. Post your results after the first night for adjustments. It is impossible to know what your individual needs are without a titration. The following initiates your titration

If a used machine perform a Factory reset.
Mode: Auto
Min pressure=7
max Pressure=20 ( machines max)
EPR=3, Fulltime (NOT Ramp Only)
Ramp Off

Make sure you have an SD card in the machine while you are using it, don't remove it until after your morning bathroom break to ensure it has a minute or so to complete it's writing of data.
Post your daily charts use F12 (windows) to take the screenshot.
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought I did include a picture of my report as an attachment. 

I have no started using my machine yet because I don’t know what to set it at to start using it so I don’t have any data. 

I mentioned my deficiencies simply because the exhaustion with them along with not sleeping properly is why I’m slo desperate to get going on the machine, even though the doctors hasn’t told me yet.

Thank you for your kind reply. This is exactly what I was looking for - a starting point. I will use it tonight and start getting data. 

This is all new to me and way over my head. 

Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You are under AHI of 5. They will likely say you don't need a cpap.

What are your symptoms and how do you feel?
Post Reply Post Reply
You have mild apnea, mostly expressed as respiratory resistance and an unusually low oxygen. This would be consistent with upper airway resistance syndrome. You're fortunate to have a machine with these low AHI results. I agree with Gideon, the machine should be set to minimum pressure 7.0, but maximum pressure 14.0 and EPR full-time at 3. This will give you a bilevel pressure that will treat the UARS and hopefully greatly increase your comfort. Do you know how to access settings?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Awful. I am tired all the time. I wake up with a sore throat and a headache. I often wake up and feel like I’ve been on a 3 day bender and still drunk; stumbling, woozy, dizzy. It takes me so long to way up and am so groggy and exhausted. I honestly hate the process of going to sleep because the process of waking up is so hard and I always feel like crap. I am foggy, tired, and irritable everyday. I have other medical issues that also contribute to this, but I know this is certainly a factor.

I bought the machine out of pocket. It was not covered by insurance. I bought a used machine that only has 500 hours on it. 

I was brought in for a titration test because I have such bad side effects. 

Thanks for this information. Yes I will
Be able to set everything up tonight.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Less be sure to do a factory reset if you haven't already.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you explain the ‘unusually low oxygen’ a bit more?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your sleep study has some unusual results in that there is a very low respiratory event index of only 4.1 events per hour, all hypopnea, but your oxygen desaturation index (ODI) is 11.1 events per hour with 92 events, and 8-minutes below 88% SpO2 and a nadir of 80%.  There is also moderate snoring with an average of about 25 per hour which may respond to positive pressure.  The big picture here is that the clinic measured relatively few events. AHI of 4.1 is borderline normal and without comorbid issues would not justify CPAP as medically necessary by itself; however when combined with the ODI, either CPAP or supplemental oxygen is indicated as necessary.

We don't know any health history other than what you have presented, but there is clearly either obstruction that can be ideally treated with CPAP, or a respiratory insufficiency that may be better treated with supplemental oxygen.  I'm not a doctor, but I'm inclined to think you are a better candidate for oxygen than CPAP based on what we've seen so far, because most oxygen desaturation is not related to an identified respiratory event. This suggests either an issue with your respiratory volume, oxygen perfusion, or simply a need to increase the fraction of inspired oxygen. It does not suggest a clear path to resolve oxygen desaturation with CPAP alone, and it certainly indicates a need for continued monitoring of SpO2 using a recording pulse oximeter.  It might make for a good discussion with your doctor to understand why CPAP is favored over oxygen in your case. That's my argument with this study and the rationale for my opinion that you would be better and fully treated with supplemental oxygen more effectively than with CPAP. Your symptoms and complaints would be fully addressed by supplemental O2, while that outcome remains in question with CPAP. The best approach may be to discuss this with your doctor and request a titration study for supplemental O2 or CPAP to see which one actually treats your obvious issues. Please note we are ONLY talking about supplemental oxygen while sleeping. Your baseline of 97% shows you do not need daytime O2. It certainly will not hurt to ask your doctor to think about this, and not just take the customary recommendation of sleep lab for CPAP.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=48748]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] Intense Fatigue - Seeking Advice: CPAP Data Analysis PerplexedTom 5 139 5 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Help! 40 days CPAP no symptom relief. What's wrong? cpapmj 2 140 04-14-2024, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  [CPAP] Desperately Need Help jonoc99 5 152 04-09-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: jonoc99
  Eagerly seeking ancient CPAP part ! Visualist 3 350 03-12-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Visualist
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 272 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy deocder 42 5,489 02-20-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: deocder
  [Equipment] Seeking advice for reset of time zone richapple 0 215 02-03-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: richapple

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.