Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Desperately seeking relief - Pressure help
RE: Desperately seeking relief - Pressure help
Wow thanks! I may have jumped the gun on the CPAP. I haven’t spoken to a doctor about any of my sleep study results yet. I live in a very small town and wanted to by a used machine. A few days after my titration test, my parents were going to a big city and I jumped on the chance to get a used CPAP so I didn’t have to do yet another 2 hour trip to the closest city as I have already done 3 trips for these sleep tests.

I had my first overnight in clinic sleep test on Feb 9th. I got called and told I needed to come in for a titration sleep study. I had the titration sleep study March 5th. I’ve seen no results or anything from my over night tests. I haven’t had my final consultation with the doctor yet either.

I am just so desperate to feel better I wanted to start using a CPAP ASAP using my at home sleep study test (the results I posted) so I could at least start getting some relief.

I figured if I don’t end up needing the CPAP I can resell it. Maybe the Dr. will come back and recommend oxygen.

Either way I’ll post when they get back to me. I’m hoping it’s this week
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP may help you, and the best way to find out is to use it at a minimum pressure of 7, maximum 10, and EPR 3. I will be very interested to hear how your doctor interprets this sleep study, and I'm actually glad to hear you're still waiting for that. All of your symptoms would likely be resolved with supplemental oxygen at night, but your doctor may want to do titration to evaluate CPAP or perhaps oxygen as solutions. It would be a lot easier to sleep with a portable oxygen generator and canula, than to deal with CPAP, masks, leaks etc. Your case is interesting in that it arises from an almost negligible AHI. I hope you will keep us informed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will let you know as soon as I know anything! I’ll also share any results I get!

I have a pretty severe (IMO) iron deficiency and have to get infusions every two months. I am trying to fight to get them even sooner as my iron drops quickly and I start to really feel the effects after 6 weeks.

My sleep is improved and I feel way more rested and energetic after an infusion but then it just starts to deplete each day.

I suspect all of this is related to my iron deficiency.

We shall see.
Post Reply Post Reply
If iron deficiency is also an indicator of anemia, then that is a comorbidity of poor oxygen profusion to discuss with your doctor in support of supplemental oxygen. The iron in hemoglobin plays an important role in oxygen uptake and distribution and may explain many of the results we see in the sleep test. Read the Wikipedia section on hemoglobin on "The Structure of Heme" and see the importance of iron (Fe) in oxygen transport and uptake in your body. You don't need to understand the technical aspects of this article, rather that iron plays a central role. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemoglobin...re_of_heme With severe iron deficiency, your blood is less efficient in binding oxygen and releasing it where it is needed. This is probably the root cause of your headaches and fatigue rather than apnea.

The more we know about you, the more we know. That is why it took 14 posts to reach this point. I think you're onto something useful now.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help! 40 days CPAP no symptom relief. What's wrong? cpapmj 2 125 04-14-2024, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  [CPAP] Desperately Need Help jonoc99 5 141 04-09-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: jonoc99
  Eagerly seeking ancient CPAP part ! Visualist 3 343 03-12-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Visualist
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 265 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy deocder 42 5,478 02-20-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: deocder
  [Equipment] Seeking advice for reset of time zone richapple 0 211 02-03-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: richapple
Question Seeking Advice/Help reddie 6 423 01-24-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.