Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Softgel with Activa LT
Humidifier: Resmed H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10-15
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Detailed data not recorded or lost?
Thank you both for the reply, I tried just about everything except changing the SD card and/or creating a new patient. I will try both.
Appreciate the replies.
Thanks,
Julius
07-26-2015 11:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Julius Offline

Members

Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset with climateline
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Softgel with Activa LT
Humidifier: Resmed H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10-15
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Detailed data not recorded or lost?
(07-26-2015 10:55 PM)vsheline Wrote:  
(07-26-2015 02:08 PM)Julius Wrote:  Can anybody explain why all of a sudden my Flow is not recorded or just some part of the night is recorded. I started to happen a few weeks ago and
I rebooted the machine, I even swapped it out with my wife's Resmed S9 Autoset and having the same problem. My wife's Flow is shown on either machine.

Hi Julius,

Sounds to me like you switched everything except the SD card. I think a fresh SD card would fix the problem. (If the machine has problems reading a new SD card and asks if you want to reformat a new SD card select yes.) The machine will automatically write on a blank SD card whatever data the machine has, which will not include Detailed Data but will include Summary data and settings, including all Compliance data for the past year.

1GB or 2GB capacity is all that is needed. (And some ealy ResMed S9 machines cannot read larger than 2GB SD cards.) I bought a package of two 2GB SD cards at Walmart last year, for about $11. Buy only a full size SD card, not a mini- or micro- SD card in a flimsy holder adapter.

Occasionally (maybe three times in the past few years) my SD card would stop working, or maybe just stop reporting high rate data like Flow data. Replacing the SD card fixed it. I assume the card had become damaged from Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) or something, from handling. It was sometimes adequate to simply reformat the SD card using my computer, but using a new SD card always worked to fix the issue.

Good luck,
--- Vaughn

Hi Vaughn,
Extra thanks to you pointing out the SD card.
I have been using the original Resmed SD card which came with the machine but never would have crossed my mind that a SD card can be corrupted and becomes temperamental, sometimes record partial airflow data, some other time none at all. Low and behold this was the problem, swapped it out and everything is back to normal.
My only problem was to find a SD card small enough, since I have been using Sandisk Extra Pro 32GB and 64GB cards in my digital cameras, but luckily I found a 4GB Transcend card in the bottom of my drawer. It is very difficult nowadays to get those small SD cards any more. Fortunately my Resmed S9 Autoset did not have any problem with the 4GB size so I am back in business.

I have not been visiting the forum much in the past year or so but I noticed that it became so slow like a snail.

Thank you very much again both you and Zonk to repond to my frustration. I noticed it before that there are many friendly and helpful people here in the Apnea forum.

My Very Best Regards,
Julius
07-27-2015 08:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question A10 autoset in CPAP mode- all data recorded? PreciousRoy 3 251 10-31-2016 04:25 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  No apnea recorded during Large Leaks Roy289 12 524 10-05-2016 02:15 AM
Last Post: beet
  Sleepyhead data vs. Doctor's data Daisylouu 8 1,414 09-01-2016 06:10 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  Revised Post Regarding "I need help with SH data" - with data included! Jeffo1 3 595 05-16-2016 11:28 PM
Last Post: Jeffo1
  Detailed Resmed graphs ted the sleeper 7 660 04-28-2016 11:53 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Lost SD card Rip and Rosie 5 660 04-10-2016 01:24 PM
Last Post: FrankNichols
  Periods of no use recorded and not believed ehunter 7 662 03-26-2016 06:39 PM
Last Post: ehunter