Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Detailed data not recorded or lost?
Detailed data not recorded or lost?
After a week of no problems, this morning, only the Summary data was available from my S9 SD card. None of the detail was there. Is this just a random occasional happening or is there something I did wrong? I did originally put the SD card in without locking it. Put it back into my machine where it showed it was reading the card fine, and then brought it back to the computer and summery info is still not there (doesn't matter whether I use Sleepyhead or Rescan). I am using Windows 7.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Detailed data not recorded or lost?
Has happened to me before. Time to reboot. Power down by pulling the plug; wait a few minutes, then power up.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
My first impression, 'All available data" was not selected
[Image: attachment.php?aid=60]

But might not be the case as SleepyHead not showing detailed data as well

The other thing if the machine display a message to erase the data with the option yes/no, then machine erase the data on the card and write therapy and summary data but no detailed data as detailed data written directly on the card

Maybe aliens interference or something unexplainable, anyway wait until the next download tomorrow morning, make sure the card inserted in the machine until clicks in place and all will be revealed

Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't had it happen yet thankfully.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2015, 10:18 AM)Mosquitobait Wrote: After a week of no problems, this morning, only the Summary data was available from my S9 SD card. None of the detail was there. Is this just a random occasional happening or is there something I did wrong? I did originally put the SD card in without locking it. Put it back into my machine where it showed it was reading the card fine, and then brought it back to the computer and summery info is still not there (doesn't matter whether I use Sleepyhead or Rescan). I am using Windows 7.

If the Detailed Data is missing on your next session, it may help to reformat or replace the SD card.

If the Detailed Data downloads fine on your next session, perhaps the previous download was just a bad download, which I think has happened to me.

To clear out a possibly bad download and to download what's in the SD card fresh, in ResScan you should delete the session in question (I think we right-click on the day we want to delete and select Delete on the drop down menu - something like that) and then download the data from the SD card again, selecting (as always) Discard.

But if it has been longer than however long the machine keeps the Detailed Data on the SD card, the SD card won't still have the Detailed Data on it.

The machine erases the Detailed Data on the card after a few days, or a week, or a month, depending on which model machine. On the S9 AutoSet most Detaied Data is retained on the SD card for 30 days, but "High Rate" data like Flow is only retained for 7 days, I think.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, today there was no problem. All the detailed data is there for today. Still missing for yesterday.

If I have it download the High Rate data, is there anything special I have to do with Sleepyhead to retain it? It mentioned creating a bunch of folders, but then I couldn't figure out how to separately save the data so it isn't lost after that 7 days.

I am also happy to report that my AHI is below 1 (yay) and while the pressure increases both times when I go into REM, the first time has no obstruction or clear airway notifications. Moreover, no headaches and no OVERWHELMING sleepiness although I do feel like a bit of a nap today (and didn't yesterday). So all in all, I think things are improving.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2015, 02:57 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: Ok, today there was no problem. All the detailed data is there for today. Still missing for yesterday.

If I have it download the High Rate data, is there anything special I have to do with Sleepyhead to retain it? It mentioned creating a bunch of folders, but then I couldn't figure out how to separately save the data so it isn't lost after that 7 days.

It isn't ResScan or SleepyHead which erases data. The machine erases the Detailed Data from your SD card after a certain amount of time. Once the data has been downloaded into ResScan or SH it will stay there unless you delete it for some reason.

Because the Detailed Data downloaded fine on your next session, perhaps the previous download was just a bad download and the one one day which is missing Detailed Data needs to be deleted, after which you can try downloading it again from the SD card, to see if the Detailed Data will then show up.

A problem is that if there is already any data at all in ResScan for a particular day, ResScan will Discard (disregard) and not download additional data for that day unless you instruct ResScan to Overwrite days previously downloaded.

But don't tell ResScan to Overwrite, because if you Overwrite data already downloaded it will tend to delete in ResScan all previously-downloaded data and then ResScan will download fresh what is still on the SD card. So you would lose everything except whatever is on the SD card. So, it is best to never use Overwrite. Instead, delete any individual days you want to overwrite and then download normally, selecting Discard, never Overwrite.

To clear out a possibly bad day's worth of data in ResScan and to download into ResScan what's in the SD card fresh, in ResScan you should delete the day in question (I think we right-click on the day we want to delete and select Delete on a drop down menu - something like that) and then download the data from the SD card again, selecting (as always) Discard.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can anybody explain why all of a sudden my Flow is not recorded or just some part of the night is recorded. I started to happen a few weeks ago and I never had any problem not seeing the Flow on the chart. This happens not only in Rescan but in Sleepyhead as well.
I rebooted the machine, I even swapped it out with my wife's Resmed S9 Autoset and having the same problem. My wife's Flow is shown on either machine.
I am puzzled what is going on, for the past two years I never had this problem.
I would appreciate any response or private message.
Julius
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2015, 02:08 PM)Julius Wrote: Can anybody explain why all of a sudden my Flow is not recorded or just some part of the night is recorded. I started to happen a few weeks ago and I never had any problem not seeing the Flow on the chart. This happens not only in Rescan but in Sleepyhead as well.
I rebooted the machine, I even swapped it out with my wife's Resmed S9 Autoset and having the same problem. My wife's Flow is shown on either machine.
I am puzzled what is going on, for the past two years I never had this problem.
I would appreciate any response or private message.
Julius

Hi Julius
Since the same problem with both ResScan and SleepyHead, might be a good idea to create a new patient and download again

ResScan: when downloading, you need to select
all summary data and ... all most recent detailed data sessions
and
tick the box ... include equivalent number of high resolutions rate data sessions

When asked to choose discard or overwrite, choose "discard" (not overwrite)

The S9 SD card store up to 30 days of detailed data and 7 days of flow data, and up to 365 days of summary data
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2015, 02:08 PM)Julius Wrote: Can anybody explain why all of a sudden my Flow is not recorded or just some part of the night is recorded. I started to happen a few weeks ago and

Hi Julius,

Sounds to me like you switched everything except the SD card. I think a fresh SD card would fix the problem. (If the machine has problems reading a new SD card and asks if you want to reformat a new SD card select yes.) The machine will automatically write on a blank SD card whatever data the machine has, which will not include Detailed Data but will include Summary data and settings, including all Compliance data for the past year.

1GB or 2GB capacity is all that is needed. (And some ealy ResMed S9 machines cannot read larger than 2GB SD cards.) I bought a package of two 2GB SD cards at Walmart last year, for about $11. Buy only a full size SD card, not a mini- or micro- SD card in a flimsy holder adapter.

Occasionally (maybe three times in the past few years) my SD card would stop working, or maybe just stop reporting high rate data like Flow data. Replacing the SD card fixed it. I assume the card had become damaged from Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) or something, from handling. It was sometimes adequate to simply reformat the SD card using my computer, but using a new SD card always worked to fix the issue.

Good luck,
--- Vaughn
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Lost weight, no doc, can't get my settings right... japesinjapan 9 271 03-21-2024, 01:52 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 475 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Surprised 20 minutes recorded for full night's sleep Deborah K. 10 594 01-06-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSA events mistakenly recorded as central? esaulcatnas 0 316 12-14-2023, 09:21 PM
Last Post: esaulcatnas
  Lost Red Pressure Graph Line ejbpesca 5 368 11-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Lost Trust in CheckmeMax O2 Watch cmpman1974 1 309 10-05-2023, 01:30 AM
Last Post: Old Mike
  [CPAP] WORST SLEEP APNEA IN RECORDED HISTORY, plzzz help! memoryNada786 23 2,802 09-11-2023, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Mjadalak

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.