Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Details Matter
RE: Details Matter
First, I would like to thank those of you who so kindly offered support and suggestions to my concerns. I learned a few things from this experience Firstly, I learned that most of us with sleep disorders are helpful, compassionate, non-condescending and want to help others who also suffer with sleep disorders. I learned that we have varying levels of knowledge about our condition. I believe that there is no such thing as a stupid question, we are here to support each other. I look up to those of you who clearly know more about this than the DME suppliers and most doctors. I thank those of you who advised me on the right path to take to resolve this mix up. 

Update: Yesterday I picked up my Resmed Airsense Autoset for Her. Turns out that I am the first that has ever received this particular machine from this DME Supplier. Many of the cool features were not turned on during setup but I'll deal with that later. I was given a Dreamwear nasal cushion mask. My first night shows large air leaks at 53% per myAir. (I know air blew in my eyes and face a good portion of the night, resulting in a very uncomfortable experience.) I'm trying to correct that issue now. A new mask is always a challenge. Again, my heartfelt thanks to those of you who helped me. I don't doubt that, at numerous times during this journey, I will encounter questions (some of which may be considered stupid by some members). I will seek advice and support. You guys and gals make this easier just knowing we are in this together!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Donna

I am a novice in CPAP compared to you as you have been 'here' since 2013. Clearly you only sought advice for a new machine - a new experience to you. That is such wise thing to do, in my book. Equipment is expensive and getting the right one is oh so important, as we all know. So well done you for achieving that.

There is no such thing as a stupid question - its only stupid to not ask and remain in the dark, either suffering in silence or losing out by not getting optimum treatment using the appropriate equipment. Indeed this wonderful resource, managed and contributed by all the selfless and kind souls giving of their own experience and knowledge, is available to all. I am forever grateful to all the gurus here who 'held my hand' through my personal dramas.

I wish you sound sleep with your autoset for her.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
"...I learned that 'most' of us with sleep disorders are helpful, compassionate, non-condescending and want to help others who also suffer with sleep disorders."

Donna, I would not discount your impressions or your feelings. there's no question that there are no dumb questions.

rather, for what it's worth, I'm just noting that I learned by experience that this place is far superior to some other internet apnea and cpap forums. while some of those are filled with insults and argument ad nauseam, the few disagreements here are very mild by comparison and quickly shut down by the moderators. some comments are short, clipped, sharp, terse but I assure you that in my 2.5+ years hanging around here, while some of us including me and including some of the more-experienced members at times have our tactless moments, anyone that fails to behave in the manner you describe (helpful, compassionate, non-condescending) disappear, either by choice or moderator action.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
I appreciate your comments. Hope you sleep well too!
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on getting your new machine that happened to be your choice. Best to you on the therapy results.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Dave!
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats Donna!
And ditto what others have said....There are no stupid questions here. We have all been where you are.

I fell into a trap with my DME. They gave me a machine that already had approx. 300 hours on it. They told me it was new! I know...not a lot of hours, but it’s the principle of it.

I hadn’t found this forum at the time, so I was clueless. Once I joined here and started learning this stuff, I was furious. I called them and informed them what I found out and requested a brand new machine with 0 hours or I would be returning the one they gave me and would find a new DME.

By the end of the day, they delivered a new machine. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2019, 05:29 PM)Donna Wrote: Thanks, Dave!

You’re welcome, hope you’re planning on sticking around, posting occasionally, etc. IMHO there’s lots o stuff to learn about your therapy, the machine and accessories, care/cleaning, settings, etc. And there’s other non-CPAP related discussions to join in on as well.

Not a single question that I’m aware of is dumb. Good weekend eve to all.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2019, 03:09 PM)Donna Wrote: First, I would like to thank those of you who so kindly offered support and suggestions to my concerns. I learned a few things from this experience Firstly, I learned that most of us with sleep disorders are helpful, compassionate, non-condescending and want to help others who also suffer with sleep disorders. I learned that we have varying levels of knowledge about our condition. I believe that there is no such thing as a stupid question, we are here to support each other. I look up to those of you who clearly know more about this than the DME suppliers and most doctors. I thank those of you who advised me on the right path to take to resolve this mix up. 

Update: Yesterday I picked up my Resmed Airsense Autoset for Her. Turns out that I am the first that has ever received this particular machine from this DME Supplier. Many of the cool features were not turned on during setup but I'll deal with that later. I was given a Dreamwear nasal cushion mask. My first night shows large air leaks at 53% per myAir. (I know air blew in my eyes and face a good portion of the night, resulting in a very uncomfortable experience.) I'm trying to correct that issue now. A new mask is always a challenge. Again, my heartfelt thanks to those of you who helped me. I don't doubt that, at numerous times during this journey, I will encounter questions (some of which may be considered stupid by some members). I will seek advice and support. You guys and gals make this easier just knowing we are in this together!

Very good to hear and know that it all worked out for you. I was lucky when I was prescribed my CPAP machine and accessories. I didn't know anything about CPAP. 

I was issued a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet, along with a heated hose, and an AirFit F20 complete mask. I didn't realize how good I had it, until I became a member of this fine forum. 

Anyways, I'm now CPAP smart(er) and can thank this forum and it's great members for that. I'll never be as knowledgeable as some on here, but that's okay. They don't seem to mind me asking endless questions.  Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, OpalRose! Hard to believe that any company could be so dishonest. I'm glad you called them out on their lack of integrity. Just goes to show that we must be informed consumers and as such, we need to pay attention to every little detail and ask a ton of questions. Sometimes the hardest part is knowing the right questions to ask!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OSCAR Technology - Install & Data Aquisition Details EasySleep 3 114 03-18-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Dr. Steven Park details his UARS journey gainerfull 3 622 12-18-2023, 12:01 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  It Just Doesn't Matter cmpman1974 6 637 12-04-2023, 12:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Can't get a good night sleep no matter what. Please help mrsleepyhead2001 1 405 11-24-2023, 01:19 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  would it matter if you ran a cpap (without humidifier) on its side?on its side snorin2 8 628 11-19-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Yup...it's now just a matter of time. Big Guy 23 1,933 12-08-2021, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Superstar
  Does snoring matter? Bungle 25 1,900 08-11-2021, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Bungle

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.