Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Deviated Septum & Apnea
Deviated Septum & Apnea
Hi,
   I started CPAP for severe Apnea about 10 months ago & have seen minimal results. I was also just diagnosed with a severely deviated septum which make nasal breathing very difficult & which I hope to have surgery to correct. Just wondering if anyone has had this too & did the surgery help their apnea treatment. Makes sense that it would because now I'm breathing abnormally more through my mouth than I should. Thanks in advance for any feedback. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Deviated Septum & Apnea
I had my nose fixed and it helped a lot. At the same time they did a rotor rooter job on the back of my nose. it was not as bad as they told it would be. I breathe better my smell has improved.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
I had my nose straightened and other sinus work pre xpap. I am not sure how it affected my sleep apnea, however it certainly improved my quality of life. Breathing through your nose is much better for your health and energy levels than mouth breathing. Being on xpap has greatly improved my breathing ability as well, never been better. Good luck with your breathing.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a turbinate reduction and deviated septum fixed.  It made is easier to use a nasal mask and greatly improved my daytime breathing.  I'd do it again without a second thought.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 616 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  CT showing deviated septum TryingToGetItRight 1 305 11-11-2023, 01:51 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Closed nostril side sleeping, deviated septum, PAP effects? sleepyzzz 7 793 07-13-2023, 10:40 PM
Last Post: sleepyzzz
  [Equipment] Dreamwear mask irritation on nose septum Dean Harman 10 6,018 03-11-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Cc1263
  Central Apnea or Obstructive Apnea GoodSleepHunting 0 1,007 03-01-2023, 11:15 AM
Last Post: GoodSleepHunting
  Self-Treating Sleep Apnea | First Night with CPAP = 0,87 AHI | Central Apnea? Dumdi 22 3,400 08-02-2022, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Dumdi
  Apnea mystery: Cycles of normal, healthy sleep and apnea 'flare-up' periods lazysunday 9 1,585 12-17-2021, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Zackio

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.