Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Device Settings - Type of Mask
Device Settings - Type of Mask
What does changing the type of mask on the settings do? 

I just noticed I accidentally had my mask type as nasal, when it was really pillows, so I fixed it but I wondered how the type of mask on the settings impacts the therapy from the sleep device?

Thanks so much Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Device Settings - Type of Mask
My Respiratory therapist answered my question= 
apparently, it just impacts the way the PAP device reports leakage,
doesn't impact the therapy . . .
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed should change the configuration options. While Fullface, Nasal, and Pillows might have been natural a while ago, with modern masks, a lot simply don't fit into the listed categories or go into unintuitive categories.

ie, Hybrids, nasal cushions, nasal cradles.

The instructions for the ResMed n20 Nasal mask specifically state it should be configured as Nasal Pillows. I'm guessing most DME's and n20 users have it entered incorrectly in their settings.

I think a better approach is for manufacturers to assign their masks a leak value rating, and that's the value that should be entered.
Post Reply Post Reply
The PR Dreamwear mask seems to be another exception. More interesting stuff about the general topic here, in the thread "Setting mask type on Resmed Airsense 10":

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid227150

According to some posts earlier in that thread, there are disagreements on whether it's all about calculating the leak rate.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,041 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 252 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 974 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 260 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  Replacement Device and Leaks jtardo 3 365 01-15-2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Mask Type Setting Mpadgett714 1 514 12-11-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  New Device Looking for Insite. Jesmitty88 3 405 12-09-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.