Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Devilbiss AutoAdjust pressure problem
Devilbiss AutoAdjust pressure problem
Hi,

I am new to APAP.

I lend an Apex APAP for a month with the consultant setting the min pressure to 6 and my pressure is average to 7.5 over the night.

I am now using a Devilbiss Auto Adjust but without a consultant.
The machine is set at min 4 to max 15.

Delay is at 15 mins.

I am wondering why the machine is constantly running pressure at 4.
The screen shows auto but the pressure is not adjusting at all.

May I also know why we have to set the min and max pressure if it is auto then it should be adjusting to your needs anyways?

Thanks, maybe my questions are stupid but thanks if someone can help me out.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Devilbiss AutoAdjust pressure problem
(05-26-2014, 02:44 AM)Sleepwellnow Wrote: May I also know why we have to set the min and max pressure if it is auto then it should be adjusting to your needs anyways?
Hi Sleepwellnow
Good question. Unlike CPAP, which is set to deliver one continuous pressure, APAP is set within a high and low, two pressure range. The range is decided by your sleep study, APAP algorthim allows the machine to adjust pressure on a breath-by-breath basis. Everyone is different, for me, I set minimum pressure at 9, any lower would feel uncomfortable and the machine might take too long to raise pressure to prevent apnea events.

From setup guide- Delay time: during delay the pressure remain at lower limit and the algorthim continue to detect events but no pressure changes are made. Range 0-45 minutes, increment of 5

The provider manual is available via Email, section three - DeVilbiss Manuals:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Zonk,

Thanks for your explanation.
Do you know why my previous APAP is at 7.5 and the Devilbiss I use now only delivers at 4 and never goes up?
As far as I know 4 is really the min an APAP will provide and it seems to stay there.

Are there any setting which blocks the APAP to adjust? Probably not the Delay feature as I set it to 15 mins and the pressure should change after that.

Thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2014, 04:13 AM)Sleepwellnow Wrote: Are there any setting which blocks the APAP to adjust?
I,m not aware of such setting, either you,re using the machine on AutoAdjust mode or CPAP mode

Download SleepyHead software (supports Intellipap machines) to see whats going on
SleepyHead link: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-software

Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='Sleepwellnow' pid='70373' dateline='1401095617']
Hi Zonk,

Thanks for your explanation.
Do you know why my previous APAP is at 7.5 and the Devilbiss I use now only delivers at 4 and never goes up?

It's possible that it's set wrong. Can you verify the settings?

Also, you should check the documentation that came with your mask. Some don't ventilate enough at 4. (one of my has a minimum pressure of 5 or 6).

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2014, 02:44 AM)Sleepwellnow Wrote: I am wondering why the machine is constantly running pressure at 4.
The screen shows auto but the pressure is not adjusting at all.

May I also know why we have to set the min and max pressure if it is auto then it should be adjusting to your needs anyways?

if you're not using any software, how do you know that it's not adjusting?

you set the min and max to give the machine starting points, if you know you need a pressure of 10, then it doesn't do much good to tell the machine to start at 4.

regardless, without software to verify both your breathing and what pressures the machine is using during the night, then how do you know that it's staying at four, and, if it is, maybe 4 is all you need. without checking the detailed data, you can't know.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone, I will give the software a try first.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,584 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,352 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,477 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 333 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 552 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 394 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 232 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.