Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Devilbiss DV57D Setup Manual
Devilbiss DV57D Setup Manual
Does anyone have the Devilbiss DV57D Clinical Setup Manual?
There are some Devilbiss machines in the manual section, but this is an
AutoBiPap and there are some settings that the other manuals don't have listed. Even though I live in Singapore, and the US law doesn't apply here, they still will not give me the manual.
I am currently waiting for my ENT doctor to try to get it, but if anyone has it I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Michael
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Devilbiss DV57D Setup Manual
Hi Michael,

Welcome

We don't yet have a copy of that manual, but if anyone does find it, please email it to apneaboard@gmail.com so we can make it available to our members.

Thanks.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hopefully my ENT will be successful, and I will surely email a copy.
Thank you for your reply and to all that are on the board that help us all with anwsers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi LaserBoi,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully, you are able to get the manual you need for your machine.
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi LaserBoi, welcome to the forum!

Your profile says EPAP=4.5 and IPAP=13.

The difference between EPAP and IPAP is called Pressure Support (PS).

If EPAP=4.5 and IPAP=13, then PS = 8.5

Another way of writing "EPAP=4.5 and IPAP=13" would be "EPAP=4.5, PS=8.5"

If your prescription is EPAP=4.5 and IPAP=13, then I think the amount of PS (8.5) would be unusually high.

The amount of PS we use can sometimes affect how many central apneas we have per hour, which is called the Central Apnea Index (CAI). If the CAI is only 2 per hour or less, I think it probably would be considered fine, unless the central apneas were sometimes lasting a very long time, such as longer than 60 seconds.

Most machines do not attempt to treat central apneas. Usually, the CAI needs to be at least 5 or 10 before health insurance companies would cover an upgraded machine called an Adaptive Servo Ventilator (ASV) machine which can treat both common obstructive sleep apnea and the less common central sleep apnea.

If your PS is 8.5, this would tend to increase the volume of air you are breathing and the amount of Oxygen in your system. I suggest you ask your doctor to prescribe a "recording" Pulse Oximeter so you can occasionally monitor your Oxygen levels (SpO2) while asleep, to verify your average SpO2 when asleep is not much higher than 96%.

SpO2 in the range 94% to 96% is widely considered ideal. I think 98% or above, if lasting most of the night, may be too high, perhaps unnecessarily increasing oxidative stress and the number of "free radicals" in the blood, perhaps lowering the effectiveness of any prescription medications you may use, and perhaps accelerating aging, atherosclerosis, etc.

Actually, we don't need a prescription to buy a Pulse Oximeter, but if you do get a prescription your health insurance may pay a portion of the bill, if you get it pre-authorized.

I bought one at Supplier 19, which I bought one from and regard highly. (Link to Supplier List is at top of all forum pages.) The wrist-mounted pulse oximeters with separate finger sensor cup are more comfortable and more stable, and I think are less likely to fall off or give questionable readings.

If your SpO2 is too high for much of the night, I would suggest asking your doctor to consider raising EPAP to 5 or 6, so it would be a little closer to 13.

Take care,
-- Vaughn

ADDED: I just realized that you might be in Auto BiPAP mode, with your max IPAP set to 13.

If that is the case, then your PS will probably spend all or most of the time well below 8.5, and EPAP may be self-adjusting to 5 or 6 most of the time.

If your machine is in BiPAP Auto mode, what are the settings for Min PS and Max PS?

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 113 Yesterday, 10:29 AM
Last Post: johnbrain
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,679 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
Thumbsup NEW MEMBER INFO: GET YOUR OWN [secret] CPAP SETUP MANUAL SuperSleeper 1 1,945 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 250 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
  [Equipment] Provider Manual for BMC? cpapuser2348 1 259 12-21-2023, 06:48 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  My battery backup setup GeoffD 323 88,229 10-16-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Hintertux
  New DreamStation 2 setup KSMatthew 7 791 08-24-2023, 04:59 PM
Last Post: KSMatthew

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.