Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Devilbiss Intellipap disassembly
Devilbiss Intellipap disassembly
Greetings, all. Is it possible to open up the case of the Devilbiss Intellipap in order to clean the impeller? I turned on a machine that sat for more than 10 years and it inhaled a badly deteriorated air filter. The screws securing the case appear to be 6-lobe, CD pattern screws. What tool do I need to remove them? Once inside, can I get to the impeller?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Devilbiss Intellipap disassembly
Ruh Roh... The machine blows out very small pieces of black, disintegrating foam. When I try to clean it up, it leaves black, tar-like smears. I assumed that these were pieces of the air filter... until I just watched this on Youtube. Thoughts?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMrX6QEysJY
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you ever use ozone to "clean" it?
Post Reply Post Reply
No, I didn't. I'm just now reading about the Phillips recall...
Post Reply Post Reply
The filter should be white so you can see if it's dirty. I don't know what a "CD" pattern is. I suspect you are talking about torx screws, drivers are available at any hardware store.
Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks. I was referring to the pre-filter, which is dark-colored foam. It crumbled when I removed it. Now that I see what's inside the machine, it doesn't look serviceable to me, but this is what the screw head looks like. A google search identifies it as a six-lobe, pattern screw. 

I have a Devilbiss IntelliPAP that blows out small bits of foam... interesting...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation 2 Disassembly ? M Friedman 1 640 11-29-2023, 09:42 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Disassembly of F&P Icon Hanrahan 6 3,584 10-19-2023, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Thanya
  [CPAP] DeVilbiss Smartlink Module DV5M fault innovativekiwi 0 599 01-10-2023, 01:43 AM
Last Post: innovativekiwi
  IntelliPAP 2 & IntelliPAP Blue (DV63 & DV64) Service Manual now available SuperSleeper 0 461 11-21-2022, 04:32 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR + Devilbiss DV64 questions Cuppa 6 635 11-19-2022, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Cuppa
  ResMed AirSense 10 Disassembly and Modem Removal farnsy 18 12,671 08-13-2022, 02:56 PM
Last Post: damplc
  DeVilbiss IntelliPAP Auto Adjust Error message E06 MSGabbani 2 1,070 08-13-2022, 12:32 PM
Last Post: MSGabbani

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.