Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Diabetes Forum?
Diabetes Forum?
Does anybody know of a diabetes forum similar to the Apnea Board?  In size and responses?  I searched and joined 3 or 4 online and they are more advertising or new news related and no one answered my question.

Looking for alternatives to oral diabetes drugs besides the M drug every doctor prescribes.  Went to the only discussion group in my town and the 15 people there, no one had ever used anything else besides Metformin.  I have a list of six styles of drugs that have gone generic, but when I ask my doctor, she looks at me like sh is clueless and responds that the side effects I get will recede.  Problem is they never do.   Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Diabetes Forum?
Diabetes is very prevalent among AB members, and I'm sure you could start a thread here and get traction. I would try to make the title of any thread as specific as possible and just see where it goes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't help with finding a diabetes forum, but I will mention linagliptin - trade name Trajenta - which I use. I was told that metformin is bad for people with compromised kidney function, so they had to find something different for me. Aside from not further damaging my kidneys, linagliptin has the advantage of never forcing the blood sugar level too low. Using linagliptin, my A1c has stayed around 6.0 to 6.5, so it's working quite well for me.
There are other gliptins - I took part in a research project where I took sitagliptin with no problems.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow or day after.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Best I’ve seen is the one at Diabetes Daily. 

Take care
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2019, 09:19 AM)wynmill Wrote: Does anybody know of a diabetes forum similar to the Apnea Board?  In size and responses?  I searched and joined 3 or 4 online and they are more advertising or new news related and no one answered my question.

Looking for alternatives to oral diabetes drugs besides the M drug every doctor prescribes.  Went to the only discussion group in my town and the 15 people there, no one had ever used anything else besides Metformin.  I have a list of six styles of drugs that have gone generic, but when I ask my doctor, she looks at me like sh is clueless and responds that the side effects I get will recede.  Problem is they never do.   Thanks

Your local doctor is useless, you have to go to an Endocrinologist who speciallises in Diatetes, I go to one every six months and have a blood test for check up and review, Diabetes, as you get older has to be managed and managed properly, for if it gets out of control, you can die.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
It is not a diabetes forum, but my GP recommended the DietDoctor to me as I was looking for additional ways to manage my blood glucose in addition to insulin. I am Type 1, so I have no choice but to use insulin. I learned at the recommended website that following a lower carb diet will greatly influence my blood glucose readings. I don't see an Endocrinologist as they are few and far between in the town where I live. I know more about my insulin pump than the Endo does. He told me to go home and starve myself if I wanted to lose weight. I never went back to him.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mobile friendly app for the forum. que0x 2 1,027 09-10-2017, 05:09 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Foot Surgery Forum Melman 2 1,952 08-04-2017, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Melman
  Diabetes Testing under US Medicare justMongo 21 2,998 07-18-2016, 05:33 PM
Last Post: 0rangebear
  Anyone know of a similar forum for hearing issues? stanleydean 8 2,453 10-09-2015, 02:37 PM
Last Post: quip
Thumbsup Increased coffee consumption reduces risk of diabetes DeepBreathing 4 2,038 04-25-2014, 11:54 AM
Last Post: retired_guy
Thumbsup New to this forum and new CPAP/APAP user ThatOtherGuy 1 2,533 12-03-2013, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Tez62
  I am Back (Moved to Off-Topic Forum) Schnauzers 5 1 1,851 11-16-2012, 12:32 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.