Apnea Board Facebook Editor
Monitors

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10 for Her
Humidifier: H5i humidifier with ClimateLine heated hose
CPAP Pressure: 8-15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: diabetes II, Thyroidectomized, Primary Immune Deficiency, and the list goes on :P

Sex: Female

RE: Diabetes Testing under US Medicare
I don't think anywhere near enough noise has been made about loss of earned benefits to our generation Sad

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
07-15-2016 02:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
menaralf Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: DreamStation Auto CPAP
Mask Make & Model: Nuance Pro gel pillows
Humidifier: DreamStation
CPAP Pressure: 6 - 12

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Hello together...
is any relationship between Diabetes II / Melius and using a CPAP machine?
Are the values of the diabetes then better ???
07-15-2016 02:50 PM
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Guten Tag,

There may be a link between sleep quality and insulin resistance.
Insulin resistance is a primary component of DM Type II.

Gruss aus der USA

Mongo

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
07-15-2016 02:56 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
eseedhouse Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: SimPlus
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 7-10

Other Comments: Also on supplemental O2 at 3L/min. while sleeping.

(07-15-2016 02:21 PM)DariaVader Wrote:  I don't think anywhere near enough noise has been made about loss of earned benefits to our generation Sad

I think it's largely our own fault. We were told that we had to learn to do more with less, and silly us, we fell for it. Thus the results we see now.

We should have insisted that we get more for less.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

I am neither a Doctor, nor any other kind of medical professional.

Actually you know, it is what it isn't.
07-17-2016 03:02 PM
0rangebear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSence 10
Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: Amara View
Humidifier: HumidAire (Built-in)
CPAP Pressure: APAP 12.8-15 EPR 3 (cmH2O)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ramp off

(07-15-2016 02:21 PM)DariaVader Wrote:  earned benefits to our generation Sad

Please elaborated on what earned benefits you are referring to.?Thinking-about
07-17-2016 03:13 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

My last employer, whose revenue is nearly 100% from USG contracts, promised retiree medical care.
When the ACA passed, they dropped us like a hot potato. That was an earned benefit for years of service to the company.

That resulted in my Rx coverage having a Part D doughnut hole. Test strips carved out of the Rx benefit and made a Medicare Part B item.

Not to mention that I paid into SS and Medicare for all my working life at or near the SS yearly cap.
(They took the annual cap off of Medicare wage deductions.) Was Medicare not also earned by virtue of paying the tax?

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
07-17-2016 05:55 PM
0rangebear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSence 10
Mask Make & Model: Amara View
Humidifier: HumidAire (Built-in)
CPAP Pressure: APAP 12.8-15 EPR 3 (cmH2O)

Other Comments: Ramp off

I agree that the false advertisements by both governments and private employers reguarding promises to their workers is criminal at best. History tells us that it in not unique to our generation

From the Roman Empire to the modern nation states, employers have found it expedient to provide pensions for the workers who perpetuate their regimes.

More than two thousand years ago, the fall of the Roman republic and the rise of the empire were inextricably linked to the payment, or rather the nonpayment, of military pensions.

During the American Revolution army pensions became such a sensitive issue that only the personal intervention of George Washington prevented a mutiny of Continental troops over their promised pension payments

(07-15-2016 02:21 PM)DariaVader Wrote:  I don't think anywhere near enough noise has been made about loss of earned benefits to our generation Sad

(07-17-2016 05:55 PM)justMongo Wrote:  My last employer, whose revenue is nearly 100% from USG contracts, promised retiree medical care.
When the ACA passed, they dropped us like a hot potato. That was an earned benefit for years of service to the company.

(07-17-2016 05:55 PM)justMongo Wrote:  Was Medicare not also earned by virtue of paying the tax?

One of the bigest benifit withdrawals in history was the in 1933, when the American automaker Studebaker, went into receivership. And the company’s president, Albert Erskine, resigned and committed suicide. Studebaker eventually rebounded from its financial troubles, only to close its doors for the final time in 1966

On July 21, 1930 U.S. President Herbert Hoover issued executive Order 5398 - Establishing the Veterans' Administration in an atttemp to correct benifit failures promised to WWI verterans by Woodrow Wilson
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2016 06:17 AM by 0rangebear.)
07-17-2016 11:23 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Mosquitobait Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 For Her
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: integrated, Climate line tube
CPAP Pressure: 9-12

Other Comments: RLS and Bradycardia

Sex: Female

JustMongo, Bayer Contour NEXT is an excellent meter. It also meets the new Federal guidelines of 15% error rate (was 20% before 2016). New to this model is the ability to add more blood within 30 seconds - fewer wasted strips with that stupid error code of not enough blood.

There are several models - the EZ does NOT have a cord available for you to plug your data into the computer. You want the regular Contour NEXT or the USB NEXT at this time. You can always get a free EZ later on when they get the cords in by calling customer service.

I am presuming that you do not have a handy pharmacy or you wouldn't be restricting yourself through mail order (it's only the mail order that is limited unless you have Medicare Advantage and I know nothing about that plan). You should check to see if your local pharmacies have a mailing option - My sister's local Walgreens is 45 miles away and so long as it is not a controlled substance, they will mail her hubby's prescriptions (as will the VA). Costs $5 but that costs her more in gas to go back and forth.

As to payment for Medicare, you've had to pay for Medicare monthly since the late 80s (I can't remember which year that was). Prior to that, Medicare covered hospital and Xrays/lab tests only - no doctor's office visits, etc.. With more and more things being done outside the hospital, that became untenable, thus the monthly payments. I handled the finances for my late great-aunt which is why I was kept abreast of these changes.
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2016 08:18 AM by Mosquitobait.)
07-18-2016 08:08 AM
justMongo Offline

Monitors

(07-17-2016 11:23 PM)0rangebear Wrote:  One of the bigest benifit withdrawals in history was the in 1933, when the American automaker Studebaker, went into receivership. And the company’s president, Albert Erskine, resigned and committed suicide. Studebaker eventually rebounded from its financial troubles, only to close its doors for the final time in 1966

On July 21, 1930 U.S. President Herbert Hoover issued executive Order 5398 - Establishing the Veterans' Administration in an atttemp to correct benifit failures promised to WWI verterans by Woodrow Wilson

The Great Depression was an Extraordinary period in history that my parents (and I suspect yours too) lived through.

It would seem we are again in extraordinary times when there are people who think the murder of police officers is justified. It's like the world has gone mad. (I diverted from the thread topic -- but, I need to vent on that subject.)

07-18-2016 08:25 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Crimson Nape Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: P-10 / F&P Simplus / DreamWear
Humidifier: H5i w/Climateline
CPAP Pressure: 8 - EPR 3

Other Comments: CMS-50F & 50IW

(07-18-2016 08:25 AM)justMongo Wrote:  It would seem we are again in extraordinary times when there are people who think the murder of police officers is justified. It's like the world has gone mad. (I diverted from the thread topic -- but, I need to vent on that subject.)

To further hijack the thread. . .

SHa_clap2SHa_clap2SHa_clap2 like SHa_clap2SHa_clap2SHa_clap2

Statistics prove that people who have more birthdays live longer.
07-18-2016 08:32 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Information [News] Medicare unveils far-reaching overhaul of doctors' pay ApneaNews 0 126 10-14-2016 05:27 PM
Last Post: ApneaNews
  US Medicare Medigap Question justMongo 5 530 11-14-2015 02:49 PM
Last Post: eplantz
  Medicare and B12 me50 12 1,718 07-09-2015 09:50 AM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  How do you sue Medicare -- I mean take 'em to the woodshed. justMongo 9 1,726 02-04-2015 11:55 AM
Last Post: archangle
  Medicare Part D is nearly worthless. justMongo 8 1,650 01-19-2015 02:52 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  Medicare Health Plans JimZZZ 39 5,213 10-23-2014 07:51 PM
Last Post: justMongo
Thumbsup Increased coffee consumption reduces risk of diabetes DeepBreathing 4 1,310 04-25-2014 11:54 AM
Last Post: retired_guy