Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Diagnose with Mild to Moderate Obstructive Sleep Apnea. But Symptom is wrost.
Diagnose with Mild to Moderate Obstructive Sleep Apnea. But Symptom is wrost.
Hi,

I did the sleep study and below is result from the sleep study. My symptom is wrost. In morning wakeup with dry thought and headache. No energy for the exercise. Mind want to go for gym but body is tired after enough sleep.
I want to start treatment as soon as possible. But does not getting the correct way to go. Can you please suggest ? Is below result are worst ?
Tested with: WatchPAT ESS Score: 8 BMI: 24.1

PRDI (Respiratory Disturbance Index):

PAHI (Apnea Hypopnea Index):

Full report attached in image.

COMMENTS:

This overnight sleep study on XXX represents Mild to Moderate Obstructive Sleep Apnea. The patient's peripheral

arterial tone was monitored to measure sympathetic nervous system response to respiratory events during sleep. The patient's

Respiratory Disturbance Index (PRDI) was 16.6 events per hour of sleep. Excluding Respiratory Effort Related Arousals (RERAs),

the patient's Apnea-Hypopnea Index (PAHI) was 8.7 events per hour of sleep. Oxygen saturation reached a nadir of 88% SpO2.

The patient's SpO2 nadir was abnormally low during the study; please follow-up if this is a clinical concern.

RECOMMENDATIONS:

An Auto-CPAP device with a pressure range of 4-20 cmH2O is recommended. Other therapeutic options include an oral

appliance or surgery. Patients with this condition should be advised to avoid sleeping supine as this may aggravate their condition.

All appropriate and necessary precautions should be taken to avoid driving while feeling drowsy. If these results are not consistent

with your clinical impression, please contact SleepQuest to further discuss these results.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Diagnose with Mild to Moderate Obstructive Sleep Apnea. But Symptom is wrost.
Welcome to the forum.

This statement makes no sense
"Respiratory Disturbance Index (PRDI) was 16.6 events per hour of sleep. Excluding Respiratory Effort Related Arousals (RERAs),"
RDI is typically AHI + RERAS.

This diagnosis points to you having hypopneas and flow limits. The best tool to fight this is differential pressure between inhale and exhale. This is accomplished with Pressure Support on a BiLevel or EPR on a ResMed AutoSet which is the 4-20 mentioned but I strongly doubt they would be considering EPR.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Diagnose with Mild to Moderate Obstructive Sleep Apnea. But Symptom is wrost.
Hi Gideon,
Thanks for your response.

I have attached full report in attachment.

I am totally clueless where to start. doctor is not helping much,
I am going out of insurance and plan to buy the CPAP machine self. is it ok to buy below machine ? I am nose breather. which kind of mask is good for starter ?

[DME Link Removed] - Search Lofta for a Resmed Airsense 10

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
If you get an airsense 10 make sure it is an autoset. There are less desirable Airsense 10 models.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sure, I am planning to buy ResMed AirSense™ 10 AutoSet Card-to-Cloud CPAP Machine.
My provider say they are waiting period of 3-4 month. 
I will buy it from outside. I cant wait that long.

In report they mention.
RECOMMENDATIONS:

An Auto-CPAP device with a pressure range of 4-20 cmH2O is recommended.

So should I set CPAP to 4 pressure. Any harm to buy my self and start using it ?
Post Reply Post Reply
The 4 cm to 20 cm are the limits of the CPAP.  Usually the Autoset will arrive with it set this way.  Doctors use this setting to allow the CPAP to perform an auto titration study.  You should quickly (within the first week or so) see the pressure range that is best for you.  Also, most adults will feel air starved with a pressure below 7 cm.  So, you may want to increase the lower pressure for comfort.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for your guidance.
One more question what kind of Mask I should take first ?
I am nose breather (Don't know in night time). and most of time back sleeper. Some time right side sleeper.
Post Reply Post Reply
Very similar to me with the mild-OSA.

I don't know where you live, but where I live we can trial CPAP before buying for 1-2 months, and the clinic helps us to get all the settings right. Recommend doing that before just buying one and trying to working it all out yourself!
Post Reply Post Reply
Call Hart Medical and supplier#2
For a mask, try the P10
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.
I am from Fremont California USA
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 234 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 351 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 291 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 127 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.