Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Diagnosed with OSA
RE: Diagnosed with OSA
It does have ads to products. At least on mine since I tossed my adblocker because it was slowing my phone down. So I’ll post the name of the domain and title of the article here.

Domain is Quartz

And the title of the article is One billion people worldwide stop breathing while they sleep
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting article!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2019, 12:09 PM)Dormeo Wrote: Interesting article!

I thought so too!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider what I didn’t mention in that last post quoting you is that I’ve been dealing with anxiety since my late teens early twenties and the only time it has gone away and I can walk around calmly without Xanax periodically is an awesome nights sleep on cpap. So after I connected those dots and it came back along with central and flow limitations I didn’t know which way to turn since a vauto would make my centrals worse but clear my flow limitations and the chances of getting an ASV through insurance is laughable without proof of needing it. 

But as it turns out those two dots were connected (FL and centrals) from chin tucking. That didn’t dawn on me since I didn’t have clustered obstructives or a lot of RERA’s. But like I said thanks to my girlfriend paying attention to how my head was then waking up feeling great and then looking at my charts, everything made sense.
Post Reply Post Reply
We rarely have all the information needed to make the best decision. Glad you were able to connect the dots and make everything work out. We're just here to help members help themselves. Rarely does that help come from the doctors or DME.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2019, 06:27 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: We rarely have all the information needed to make the best decision. Glad you were able to connect the dots and make everything work out.  We're just here to help members help themselves.  Rarely does that help come from the doctors or DME.

I know, without all the help I initially got along with the info I would’ve never been able connect the dots. Not this early anyway. 81 days in and I think I have it. I’m a lot further along than I would be waiting till January 3rd for my next appointment for an evaluation after being left on 6 min and 20 max because everything was “just fine” and “you’re doing great cause you have an average of 2 for an AHI”. Meanwhile back in reality flow limitations were disturbing my sleep and I was still falling asleep first thing in the morning while welding but my flow limitations were “just fine” lol. Can’t wait for the next round of jokes on the 3rd of Jan. 

Can’t thank this forum enough for the help and the firm foundation to be able to intelligently search and experiment with different settings and other things to figure out what can’t be conveyed in the Internet accurately
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2019, 07:09 PM)Osiris357 Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 06:27 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: We rarely have all the information needed to make the best decision. Glad you were able to connect the dots and make everything work out.  We're just here to help members help themselves.  Rarely does that help come from the doctors or DME.

I know, without all the help I initially got along with the info I would’ve never been able connect the dots. Not this early anyway. 81 days in and I think I have it. I’m a lot further along than I would be waiting till January 3rd for my next appointment for an evaluation after being left on 6 min and 20 max because everything was “just fine” and “you’re doing great cause you have an average of 2 for an AHI”. Meanwhile back in reality flow limitations were disturbing my sleep and I was still falling asleep first thing in the morning while welding but my flow limitations were “just fine” lol. Can’t wait for the next round of jokes on the 3rd of Jan. 

Can’t thank this forum enough for the help and the firm foundation to be able to intelligently search and experiment with different settings and other things to figure out what can’t be conveyed in the Internet accurately

I don't want to venture too far off in to 'conspiracy zone' but you've gotta ask yourself wth is going on with US society at large that an internet forum full of strangers can outperform the 'best and the brightest'.  Why can't WE using billing codes, we've done all the work!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2019, 07:23 PM)SorryIamNormal Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 07:09 PM)Osiris357 Wrote:

I don't want to venture too far off in to 'conspiracy zone' but you've gotta ask yourself wth is going on with US society at large that an internet forum full of strangers can outperform the 'best and the brightest'.  Why can't WE using billing codes, we've done all the work!!
Our healthcare system is in the toilet as it is. Add a medical condition that even the docs are still learning about and it’s chaos...for us
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2019, 11:41 AM)Dormeo Wrote: Unfortunately there is some evidence that Dr. Dakota is no longer in business.  I hope that's wrong; I think it's an excellent collar.  Let us know if you finally get one, would you?

Dormeo just wanted to keep you in the loop regarding the Dr. Dakota collar. I called Walmart yesterday and he said it should’ve been delivered on the 16th but it appears to still be in process. What actually happened was for whatever reason my box never had a shipping label printed so it’s still in a box somewhere in a warehouse. 

I had him cancel that order and order me another. I should have this one by the 30th. I asked about express shipping and was told they don’t offer that  but he did refund the shipping cost for me so it only ended up costing me $11. I’ll update when I actually have it in my hand.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the information. I hope your collar arrives soon!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 20 294 9 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 53 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 381 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 290 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 478 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Hi I'm new here - just diagnosed waterboyOz 32 1,804 12-11-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First-time CPAP Machine Advice (Newly Diagnosed OSA) Franko39 2 408 11-15-2023, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Franko39

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.