Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis]  6 Months and no help
RE: 6 Months and no help
(11-26-2015, 09:56 PM)Lost53 Wrote: Have about 100 days of rescan and sleepyhead charts in notebook. Very interesting data but not sure the doctors care to see it. Some of the lengths of the CA's and OI's are scary. As long as 34 seconds. Should I still be alive?

Those numbers would be much worse without CPAP therapy.

Is your AHI dominated by the CA index? This is something I urge you to know so you can call your doctor's office and ask about it. Central apnea can be induced by CPAP therapy. Often it's an issue that subsides as you adapt, but you have spent enough time on the machines to allow it to subside.

So, if you still have an elevated CA index after all this time, that would be the reason for a titration with a ASV machine. Essentially that machine has to be adjusted so that it breathes for you when you don't do it for yourself. I would urge you to find this out and if you can't get an explanation from your doctor I'd get a second opinion.

Another thing you can do is get an oximeter so you'll know if your oxygen level is dropping during your apneas.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-26-2015, 09:26 PM)Lost53 Wrote: Original test results: AHI 69.0 RDI 75.9 OI 245 CA 9 HYP 28 MIXED 87 in 321 total minutes of sleep during study
Second test results: AHI 18.7 RDI 18.7 OI 12 CA 30 HYP 41 Mixed 0 in 266.5 total minutes of sleep during study

Thanks for posting this. I assume the second test was a titration where they hooked you up to a machine and tried different pressures? There's obviously a huge reduction in obstructive apneas though hypopneas have gone up a bit, which may just be that some of the obstructives were partly treated by the pressure. Centrals have gone up a bit, and mixed apneas have disappeared. My guess is that the pressure has suppressed the obstructive component of the mixed apneas, leaving the central apnea component in some cases.

Your HI needs to come down and that is normally achieved by increasing the exhale pressure (EPAP). Because you already had a lot of central and mixed apneas in the first test, my thought is that these are endemic and not caused by pressure. To overcome these remaining centrals, I really think you should at least have a trial on an ASV machine.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all for the info!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 281 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,643 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 484 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 290 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 669 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Has anyone ever received a refund on cpap after 3 months. Mwilson123 0 200 02-10-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mwilson123
  [CPAP] Still tired after 4 months of CPAP mohtorhead 11 1,027 02-03-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.