Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] A bit lost after WatchPat result
RE: A bit lost after WatchPat result
(05-25-2021, 12:02 PM)Hms123 Wrote: Hi again, thanks for your messages. I'm now looking at machines. Would the AirCurve VPAP Auto (VAuto) be suitable for me? Thanks again!

Yes, the ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto would work well for you. This is an excellent machine, but expensive. If you are self paying, start checking prices.

Supplier #2 sells New Open Box and lightly used. They have a good reputation. Call them to see what the best deal you can get.

Also, Supplier #33 seems a little cheaper than some of the other suppliers on the list, and may offer a discount code to use if you ask.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the help guys!. I ended up purchasing the Vauto with P10 Nasal Pillow. Any suggestions for initial settings when it arrives?
Post Reply Post Reply
You have only a little bit of OA so start low

Edit:vvvvvvvv
One more thing, IF this is a used machine Perform a Factory Reset!
Edit:^^^^^^^

Mode = VAuto
Min EPAP = 4 (Machines Minimium)
PS = 4 (a standard start for PS on a BiLevel)
Max IPAP = 15 (just to put a limit on it)

this means that your initial IPAP/EPAP is 8/4

Post the results and we will tweak it from there.
Read the "Organizing" link in my signature for what and how to.  It boils down to the "Standard" charts in OSCAR and the left sidebar without the Calendar or Pie Chart.
Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Flow Limits, Leak Rate.  If more is needed we will ask.
Post Reply Post Reply
One more thing, IF this is a used machine Perform a Factory Reset!
Post Reply Post Reply
hello all, have had the machine about 2 months and have struggled to get used it. Had recently gotten to the point where with a low PS (2.6) I can get to sleep, wake up after 3-4 hours again and then get back t sleep again without taking the mask off. However with such a PS i'm not getting any therapeutic relief. Recently, I've tried bumping the PS up to 3, but I can only get my first period of sleep and the have to take it off after 4 hours to get back to sleep again. Any thoughts?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your AHI was 4.8 in the study. Anything under 5 is considered "normal." 

I notice your respiratory disturbances seem (to me) to be high. Even if these arousals don't wake you, they prevent you from getting deep, restorative sleep. I would talk to your primary physician because he/she may refer you to the sleep people -- which would get you their attention,
Post Reply Post Reply
In the UK, if you are young and thin you will not get any medical attention for sleep disordered breathing which is why I bought the machine to treat my arousals, and have come here to get help in terms of how best to use it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers look ok. Some of your main events are centrals. On a VAUTO the trigger set to high or extra high has helped many people with centrals.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Im trying to deal with my flow limitations/RERAs etc and im not sure how to do so. The AHI number on the VAUTO is no real use to me as Im dealing with UARS and not OSA.
Post Reply Post Reply
So approaching 3 months since starting pap and I`m not feeling any relief. A recent issue I've had, is that when I increase my PS to 3.6 so as to deal with flow limitations I'll feel even worse the next day and my mouth tape will have come off and be covered in drool. I've never drooled before PAP therapy, nor at a PS lower than 3.6. Any advice?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,032 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Treatment] Lost weight, no doc, can't get my settings right... japesinjapan 9 274 03-21-2024, 01:52 PM
  [Diagnosis] WatchPAT sleep apena diagnosis low AHI higher RDI. Need advice godiego 22 3,430 02-28-2024, 02:39 PM
Last Post: godiego
  AHI Discrepancy w/ AirSense 10 AS and WatchPat Sleep Study TheProphetofLies 6 345 02-26-2024, 11:51 PM
  [Diagnosis] Help with Lofta WatchPAT ONE results kenm 2 282 02-17-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: kenm
  Japanese sleep test vs. Lofta/WatchPAT discrepancy + flow chart morphology analysis? woodenwaterbottle 3 4,418 01-24-2024, 03:05 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Watchpat vs Wellue disagreement? lisaistired 10 830 11-16-2023, 04:21 PM
Last Post: lisaistired

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.